Author Topic: The "Off-topic" section...  (Read 2036 times)
Lumex120

View Gallery

105555521242365640724 UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
The "Off-topic" section... « on: May 26, 2018, 10:04:45 PM » Author: Lumex120
Not trying to start anything here, but within the past few months I have noticed that the off topic section seems to be getting much more attention than the rest of the site. Not that I have a huge problem with this, but the thing is, this site is for mostly lighting stuff. It's not a social media site (according to the admins) and right now I kind of feel like that's what it's being used as. Up until recently the off-topic section wasn't super active, maybe a little less than the General section. I'm just suggesting that everyone slow down a bit with the posting in the off topic section since it isn't really the point of the site.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 10:27:38 PM by Lumex120 » Logged

LEDs = Downgrade 99% of the applications.

F96T12 DD VHO

View Gallery

Alex//I love both Iceland and CO

https://www.facebook.com/ DJ_Unrealeased UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w Jack_u_aliens
Re: The "Off-topic" section... « Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 11:26:27 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Wouldnt an admin post this
But also true

Fluorescent Lamp T12/T17 Fluorescent Lamp
Snapchat: EvanT12/Dj I.D. I can conduct 120VAC
High Pressure SodiumMercury Vapor LampHigh Pressure Sodium
etta er Mackenzie ea F96 GF, g elska lsingu og mun skjta upp LG sem Kenzie
Check out my Socials

MissRiaElaine
Re: The "Off-topic" section... « Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 12:00:46 PM » Author: MissRiaElaine
As has been said before on other topics, no-one says you have to read or respond to them. If you aren't interested in the contents of a topic, simply ignore it.
whitestar
Re: The "Off-topic" section... « Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 12:05:51 PM » Author: whitestar
I agree the off topic offf subject of lighting part of this site has overtaken what was mainstream comments and discussions on here but also the quality of some lighting pics has gone down hill as well and by that I mean badly taken pictures of distant lamp post tops and indoor pics of fittings that are to high or lit for a camera phone to take a decent picture of but many of them end up on here anyway.
 There are many good members on here and I know of a good few that are tired with some things and behaviour on this site.
Lumex120

View Gallery

105555521242365640724 UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: The "Off-topic" section... « Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 08:48:23 PM » Author: Lumex120
I agree the off topic offf subject of lighting part of this site has overtaken what was mainstream comments and discussions on here but also the quality of some lighting pics has gone down hill as well and by that I mean badly taken pictures of distant lamp post tops and indoor pics of fittings that are to high or lit for a camera phone to take a decent picture of but many of them end up on here anyway.
 There are many good members on here and I know of a good few that are tired with some things and behaviour on this site.

I kind of agree on pics going down in quality too. I still try to take good pictures (and lots of members here do this very well) but some just don't really seem to put effort into getting good ones.
As has been said before on other topics, no-one says you have to read or respond to them. If you aren't interested in the contents of a topic, simply ignore it.

Well, the thing is, when it's more active more guests are going to notice it than the "main" forums and I don't think it "represents" LG very well.

LEDs = Downgrade 99% of the applications.

dor123

View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: The "Off-topic" section... « Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 12:46:29 AM » Author: dor123
I still makes good quality pictures.

I"m don't speak english well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the European date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I hope that LED won't replace all forms of other light

High Intensity

View Gallery

Feit HPS on cold startup

GoL
Re: The "Off-topic" section... « Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 02:45:17 AM » Author: High Intensity
I try to take good photos to the point where i might retake a photo 4 or 5 times to get it to look good.

Old lighting is, and will always be, the best lighting.

Cole D.

View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: The "Off-topic" section... « Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 07:33:26 AM » Author: Cole D.
I see, well I'll stop posting as many off topic posts, I was just bored. I didn't realize it was bothering members, I've post on a lot of forums and never had issues with the OT section as long as it wasn't political or controversial stuff. I didn't know anyone was tired with my behavior but if so I apologize.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 07:39:26 AM by Cole D. » Logged
Miss Cuddly
Re: The "Off-topic" section... « Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 01:37:31 PM » Author: Miss Cuddly
Personally I like the sheer randomness of the off topic section, and the 'Things that annoy you' thread allows me to vent my frustrations.
HomeBrewLamps

View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226
Re: The "Off-topic" section... « Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 01:40:28 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Personally I like the sheer randomness of the off topic section, and the 'Things that annoy you' thread allows me to vent my frustrations.

I find it a bit sad that that is the biggest thread on the forum by far... people (including me) have a lot to complain about apparently.

--Owen

High Pressure Sodium Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps (Duh lol) Cool High Pressure Sodium

High Pressure Sodium Sodium lighting is king!

MissRiaElaine
Re: The "Off-topic" section... « Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 01:44:33 PM » Author: MissRiaElaine
I find it a bit sad that that is the biggest thread on the forum by far... people (including me) have a lot to complain about apparently.
T'was ever thus...  Undecided
F96T12 DD VHO

View Gallery

Alex//I love both Iceland and CO

https://www.facebook.com/ DJ_Unrealeased UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w Jack_u_aliens
Re: The "Off-topic" section... « Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 05:49:05 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
A large majority of the complaints are about lighting, however some are off topic

Fluorescent Lamp T12/T17 Fluorescent Lamp
Snapchat: EvanT12/Dj I.D. I can conduct 120VAC
High Pressure SodiumMercury Vapor LampHigh Pressure Sodium
etta er Mackenzie ea F96 GF, g elska lsingu og mun skjta upp LG sem Kenzie
Check out my Socials

Cole D.

View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: The "Off-topic" section... « Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 11:48:32 AM » Author: Cole D.
I see, I'll try to get better pictures then. It's just sometimes it's hard to take good pictures if I'm in the car or on Google Streetview they can be blurry.
wide-lite 1000

View Gallery

Re: The "Off-topic" section... « Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 08:54:25 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000

Amen Ria!
Kev

View Gallery

Re: The "Off-topic" section... « Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 06:35:51 AM » Author: Kev
I completely agree with whitestar it seems over the last few months here the off topic section has taken over...I cant think for the life of me why?
The quality of pictures is the main reason I use an alternative site now.

Voted to leave the EU and proud! 👉🏻🇪🇺🇬🇧

Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines