Author Topic: The "Off-topic" section...  (Read 1667 times)
Cole D.

View Gallery

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: The "Off-topic" section... « Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 06:37:40 AM » Author: Cole D.
It's probably because of all my posts. Sad But I'm going to try not to post in the OT section as much and only post good quality pictures if I can.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:40:58 AM by Cole D. » Logged
wide-lite 1000

View Gallery

Re: The "Off-topic" section... « Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 09:18:59 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
It's probably because of all my posts. Sad But I'm going to try not to post in the OT section as much and only post good quality pictures if I can.
[/Don't sweat it cole, sometimes there just isn't anyway to get a good picture. P.S. the increase in OT posts is probably nothing mire than a  temporary lack of things going on lighting wise   quote]
RCM442
Administrator

View Gallery

rcm442 rcm442 rcm442
Re: The "Off-topic" section... « Reply #17 on: June 02, 2018, 10:54:53 AM » Author: RCM442
You guys should try starting a nice discussion about lights in a category other than off-topic, make it so it's more active than the rest, and yes, off-topic is a bit out of hand right now...

Linear fluorescent will never lose to LED!
I am not Anti-LED, as I have some in use at my house.
Administrator #4
Need help with something on the site? Let me know!

Cal

View Gallery

Bottled lightning

SPTSuperSprinter156
Re: The "Off-topic" section... « Reply #18 on: June 03, 2018, 02:07:39 PM » Author: Cal
I agree the off topic offf subject of lighting part of this site has overtaken what was mainstream comments and discussions on here but also the quality of some lighting pics has gone down hill as well and by that I mean badly taken pictures of distant lamp post tops and indoor pics of fittings that are to high or lit for a camera phone to take a decent picture of but many of them end up on here anyway.
 There are many good members on here and I know of a good few that are tired with some things and behaviour on this site.

To be fair though, this site has always been a bit “look at the new lamp I got for my bedside light” certainly in the time I’ve been a member (four years?).

I had a lengthy discussion with the admins about it and they were happy for things to stay as they were. I have to say I take the rough with the smooth and also being a member of other sites for lighting where they do things differently it’s hard to say which I prefer. I know of one other where they routinely edit what you post to the point of changing capitalisations and position of punctuation, and with the best will in the world I think that just causes annoyance.

Edit: quote should show whitestar’s post. Quoting in mobile doesn’t seem to work.

http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11976

YouTube

whitestar

View Gallery

Re: The "Off-topic" section... « Reply #19 on: June 03, 2018, 02:39:23 PM » Author: whitestar
It would appear that editing is not just a thing of other lighting sites, the quite I made above is not the original exact worded one I made, it’s has been edited and not by me.

self achiever

Lumex120

View Gallery

105555521242365640724 UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: The "Off-topic" section... « Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 06:32:42 PM » Author: Lumex120
Bump, I still think this is an issue.

LEDs = Downgrade 99% of the applications.

Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines