Author Topic: Your Favorite Light Bulbs  (Read 6879 times)
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Your Favorite Light Bulbs « on: May 28, 2018, 06:30:52 PM » Author: High Intensity
I'm sort of curious as to what your favorite light bulbs are, i'll start off with my favorites...
High Pressure Sodium
Mercury Vapor
Low Pressure Sodium
Fluorescent (Including Induction Lamps)
Neon Lamps
Incandescent

« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 08:43:02 PM by High Intensity » Logged
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Your Favorite Light Bulbs « Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 06:33:48 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
HPS, Clear Mercs and any small gas discharge lamps (neon, argon, etc)

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your Favorite Light Bulbs « Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 06:35:48 PM » Author: Rommie
In order:

Low pressure sodium
High Pressure sodium
Mercury vapour
Incandescent
Fluorescent (tubes, that is, not bulbs)
Old 1st/2nd generation CFL's, not the later electronic ones

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Your Favorite Light Bulbs « Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 10:18:01 PM » Author: dor123
High pressure sodium and metal halide lamps.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your Favorite Light Bulbs « Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 12:50:06 AM » Author: tolivac
315W CMH,and CHPS(600W).Compared the ceramic High pressure sodium to a Deluxe 250W HPS-the CHPS is whiter and gives a higher quality of light.The arc tube does run hotter.The CHPS does take about 20 min to get to its rated output and color.Running this in a Hortilux SE 600 fixture.A Hortiluix Blue MH came with this-and it gives a surprizingly good color quality.That light takes about 10 min to warm up.the fixture ballast is a 100Khz sine wave digital.Another bonus of this--no flicker on moving objects viewed under the light.Same with the 100Hz square wave ballast CMH 315W.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Your Favorite Light Bulbs « Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 05:50:27 AM » Author: dor123
315W CMH,and CHPS(600W).Compared the ceramic High pressure sodium to a Deluxe 250W HPS-the CHPS is whiter and gives a higher quality of light.The arc tube does run hotter.The CHPS does take about 20 min to get to its rated output and color.Running this in a Hortilux SE 600 fixture.A Hortiluix Blue MH came with this-and it gives a surprizingly good color quality.That light takes about 10 min to warm up.the fixture ballast is a 100Khz sine wave digital.Another bonus of this--no flicker on moving objects viewed under the light.Same with the 100Hz square wave ballast CMH 315W.
All HPS lamps are ceramic, since they uses PCA ceramic material arctubes.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Your Favorite Light Bulbs « Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 07:40:50 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
MH, MV, HPS, and well you get the point
F96s and F40s
T12s and T17s
Specialty lamps
Lamps that my girlfriend gets from Iceland, I love Icelandic lights
Cold cathode fluorescent lamp or neons
Any self-ballasted HIDs
Any fluorescent lamp with a arc longer than 6-8’
Nermst lights

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your Favorite Light Bulbs « Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 12:29:45 AM » Author: tolivac
I know all HPS are ceramic-but the CHPS term is what Hortilux uses for their CHPS lamps-the only one available right now is 600W.Another interesting theing is the 600W HPS bulb is not available seperatly-only comes with the SE600 light fixture.The Hortilux dealers say the bulbs should be available alone in the future.The arc tube does have larger,thicker,white color end caps.The arc tube is not all one piece construction.Would like to see how they make these arc tubes.The lamps and fixtures are built in their Mentor,Ohio site.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Your Favorite Light Bulbs « Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 11:48:50 PM » Author: Cole D.
MV, HPS, MH, then incandescent. Though I like fluorescent as well but mostly in smaller form factor like CFL and plug in base types.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

wishus

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your Favorite Light Bulbs « Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 10:24:07 AM » Author: wishus
I love exotic discharge lamps myself:
  • Spectral lamps
  • Geissler tubes
  • neon lamps
  • incandescent arc lamps (Pointolite and zirconium arc)
  • old medium pressure mercury lamps (MA- MB-)
  • linear sodium lamps (SLI)
  • blended mercury lamps (self-ballasted)
are all types I am extremely interested in.
Recently I have also become interested in fluorescent lighting as well, and have acquired some T17 lamps.  I stick mainly to F20T12 collecting though as my space is limited ;)
I stay away from xenon arc lamps.  I have no interest in keeping bombs in my house :o

Interested mainly in discharge lighting (mercury, sodium, neon) and also old and unusual incandescents.

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Your Favorite Light Bulbs « Reply #10 on: June 24, 2018, 10:58:15 PM » Author: 589
S O X

:lps:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your Favorite Light Bulbs « Reply #11 on: June 25, 2018, 08:34:52 AM » Author: Rommie
I stay away from xenon arc lamps.  I have no interest in keeping bombs in my house :o
They're ok, it's when they blow up where you don't want them to it gets to be a problem  :o :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your Favorite Light Bulbs « Reply #12 on: June 26, 2018, 12:36:27 AM » Author: tolivac
Xenon lamps are still dangerous even when not lit!Handle with care and wear eye protection-face shield,heavy gloves and a thick jacket.If you have such a bulb in your collection-keep it in its packaging and safety case.I have one a projectionist gave me a long time ago.Keep it in its case.Don't want to fool around with it.Go to YouTube and you can see videos of what unlit Xenon bulbs can do and how dangerous they can be.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Your Favorite Light Bulbs « Reply #13 on: August 19, 2018, 11:46:25 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Most definitely LPS/SOX lighting  8)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your Favorite Light Bulbs « Reply #14 on: August 31, 2018, 04:36:37 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
Low Pressure Sodium
Normal Light Bulbs NOT LED

I LOVE Bulbs, Be They The Light up Kind or the Ones That Grow...

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies