Author Topic: Why tandem fluorescent fixtures, are only used in the US?  (Read 5004 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Why tandem fluorescent fixtures, are only used in the US? « Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 09:52:41 PM » Author: joseph_125
They had two lamps per cross section so two F40 ballasts. I didn't catch the part that yours had 4 lamp per cross section louvers. Those things must have been bright with decent T12 lamps. I won't be surprised that when the designed the lighting, they based it off the lower lumen rated T12s of the day.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why tandem fluorescent fixtures, are only used in the US? « Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 10:12:02 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Im guessing 3 stems was needed from all those lamps and ballasts they took per 8ft lol

Unfortunately when I attended the school, all the louvers in every classroom were delamped to only 2 lamps each. It looked odd because every fixture only had either the inner or outer pair left in place at random. There was also a mix of 40 and 34w lamps. The louvers had dual lamp tombstone sockets and in alot of fixtures, part of the sockets was broken or missing where the missing lamps are supposed to be.

Some other oddities include:
-One classroom was lit with Warm white lamps, still delamped to 2 lamp in either inner or outer at random. One fixture had a lone CW partnered with a WW lamp.  No other areas had WW lamps.
-In another classroom, one of the fixtures had T8 but only in the inner sockets.
-In the SK class, only one louver fixture in the room, let alone the entire school had all 4 lamps installed and running. It was wired for left pair / right pair

After I left that school, the fixtures were taken down and replaced with single lamp wrap lights installed in the same stems and all troffers were changed to T8, except for one above some steps, which continues to be T12 and EOL. The troffers are pretty neglected and most are missing covers and have one or both lamps EOL in many fixtures. The school is scheduled to close in a year or so
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 10:19:12 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies