Author Topic: I Got My Old Job Back  (Read 1338 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
I Got My Old Job Back « on: June 10, 2018, 04:02:39 PM » Author: suzukir122
As some of you may know, these last 7 months I've been going through a lot... mainly due to the fact
that I was without a job. Well, I spoke to my former District Manager through e-mail, my District Manager
then notified my former boss, and both of them have decided to bring me back to work. Although I'm starting
work through a "Temp Agency," I'm officially back working again, with payment very close to what I was
accustom to making when I was completely hired in.
Big time changes are officially coming... not only through my YouTube channel, but also my Lighting Gallery
profile as well.
Now, my question for you guys... has this, or anything relevant, ever happened to you?

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: I Got My Old Job Back « Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 05:28:25 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Well that is good to hear
No, this hasn't happened to me yet

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I Got My Old Job Back « Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 06:59:57 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Something similar happened to me.  I left my job of 9 years because I was fed up with it and tired.  Ended up working in my favor as my mother came down with cancer and I was able to be there to care for her.  (she is widowed)  But a year later my former Sr. manager reached out to me and asked if I wanted to come back, albeit as a contractor via a temp agency.  I said sure thing, and I did.  Same pay.  But I was dealing with depression and it got the best of me and I walked out when things got to be too much, a month later.  Stupidest thing I ever did. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: I Got My Old Job Back « Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 07:42:27 AM » Author: suzukir122
@F96T12 DD VHO, learn from my mistake. Never, ever walk out of a well paying job... not unless there's
some sort of a back-up plan. In my case, there was none.
@RyanF40T12, I was also dealing with depression... and believe it or not, I've walked out of this job 3 different times.
That's right... 3 times... depression being the center reason. However, the third time was a mixture of depression, anxiety,
and frustration. I explained everything in the email to the District manager, and in his words, this is my "third and final chance."
After the previous 7 months of unsuccessfully looking for a job, I too can definitely say that walking out of the job was
the stupidest thing I ever did.
I don't even want to hint any of the things I went through during those 7 months.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: I Got My Old Job Back « Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 10:53:09 AM » Author: Rommie
I've had similar things happen. I left a job once because I was totally fed up with the abuse I was getting from the public (I was a bus driver). My manager tried to persuade me not to leave. He was one of the few managers I've worked for that I actually respected, so I did feel a bit guilty at letting him down, but I'd just had enough.

I got a job with a rival bus company, but after a few weeks it didn't work out, not because of them, but their ways of working were totally alien to me and I couldn't cope with the changes. I approached my old company and they had me back straight away.

I left again after a few years, and went back as a temporary driver, so I could work as and when I wanted. That suited me for a while, then the job of CCTV Controller came up, I applied for it and got it, which was the best move I ever made. I was working on my own, which has always suited me, and I could mostly pick my own hours. The manager said to me that as long as the work got done, it didn't matter to him when I did it..! Obviously I had to be available when required, for example if the police wanted to view footage, or the manager had someone in on a disciplinary charge and wanted to view any available evidence, but mostly I could please myself about hours.

The down side came when they reduced my hours to 3 days a week (they reckoned I didn't have enough work for 5 days. Huh..! They should have tried doing the job..! I did that for a few more years until I decided to retire about 3 years ago.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: I Got My Old Job Back « Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 04:04:40 PM » Author: CEB1993
Hey, that is wonderful news Suzukir122!  :)  I'm so glad to hear you're back at your old job and things are looking up for you.  As always, best wishes and I hope you have a smooth and easy transition back into your original routine  ;)

For me, when I went off to college, I had to temporarily quit my job.  Thankfully, I made prior arrangements and they agreed to hire me back after my semester was over.  I took time off from August through December so I could transition into college life during my first semester.  Transitions and major life changes have always been difficult for me, so I decided to take the time off and focus on my school.  It worked out as well as it could, and I happily went back to work with my first semester of college under my belt.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies