Author Topic: Min and Max Temps.  (Read 1183 times)
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Min and Max Temps. « on: June 13, 2018, 04:48:50 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
When talking about going outside:
What temp are you comfortable with?
What's the lowest temp you can withstand before not going outside at all?
What's the highest temp you can withstand before not going outside at all?
How long can you be outside for from the three questions told?

For me:
Comfortable Temp: 20-61 (12 hours)
Max Temp: 78-80 (about 2 mins, anything above that going out isn't even on my mind)
Min Temp: -50  -45 (3 hours with Ski Gear on)
For Mackenzie: The same as mine

Many people can withstand a large variation of temp ranges, lets hear yours

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: Min and Max Temps. « Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 06:32:48 PM » Author: paintballer22
Comfortable temps 60-80F
Max temp 95-100F
Min temp 50F

Temps without humidity. I can't stand humidity in any temperature.
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Min and Max Temps. « Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 07:56:07 PM » Author: CEB1993
My favorite temperature is 67F  ;)

My comfortable temperature range is 50F to 80F.

Anything above 80F or below 50F is either too warm or too chilly for me. I will say I enjoy cooler temperatures and am comfortable outside when it’s at or below freezing when I’m bundled up. I enjoy our once a year snow here in SC.  The 90F days with high humidity during the summer here wear on me. 

The hottest temperature I’ve ever been outdoors in is 112F in Columbia, SC.  Thankfully, that was just a short time while I drove through Columbia to get to the beach in June 2012.  Felt like my 1000 watt Philips IODE halogen was bearing down on my face  :o Columbia SC is known for being one of the hottest parts of the state.

The coldest temperature I’ve ever endured was 8F in Taylors, SC. It was so cold, I turned on the faucets in the bathroom with exterior walls to a drip overnight, to prevent the pipes from freezing.  That was in January 2015, when I was still in college. I wore flannel pajama bottoms under my pants to serve as longjonns while I walked around on campus during the day when it stayed below freezing all day. That’s really cold for SC! 

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Min and Max Temps. « Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 08:10:21 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
The humidity in the Carolinas made me want to move back to my hometown (and the fact that I'm not a beach person)
I lived in NC but now CO
But I'm guessing NC is the same as SC, I have no hate for both, the only thing was the humidity
Today in Aspen it got to 84 Deg F but with 9% humidity which is fine with me, as long as I wear shorts but for the remainder of the week and next week lower and upper 70s
Start from Thursday 79, 77, 68, 72, 77, 75, 76, 76, 77. On all these days I can wear pants and a T-shirt without sweating because of no humidity

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Min and Max Temps. « Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 08:15:31 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Comfortable temps: 30°F to 60°F
Minumum Temp: -20°F (I've not experienced lower but I'm sure I can handle just fine)
Maximum Temp: 109°F (I hate being outside with that amount of heat.. But I can handle it fine enough given enough water.. Done it before.. Any more any higher though and I'll give up)

Ultimately I prefer the cold.. 30 degrees ain't nothing to me.. I consider it comfortable..

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Min and Max Temps. « Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 08:19:00 PM » Author: CEB1993
The humidity in the Carolinas made me want to move back to my hometown (and the fact that I'm not a beach person)
I lived in NC but now CO
But I'm guessing NC is the same as SC, I have no hate for both, the only thing was the humidity
Today in Aspen it got to 84 Deg F but with 9% humidity which is fine with me, as long as I wear shorts but for the remainder of the week and next week lower and upper 70s
Start from Thursday 79, 77, 68, 72, 77, 75, 76, 76, 77. On all these days I can wear pants and a T-shirt without sweating because of no humidity

Yeah, the humidity here in South Carolina is just brutal!  An 85F day can have a heat index of 100+  :o Humdity seems to exaggerate the temperature when it’s hot or cold. We have a fair share of chilly and damp days where I just enjoy staying inside with hot choclate with my sweatshirt on. The one benefit of the high humidity is the chance of frequent afternoon thunderstorms, that are fun to watch from the porch.

I haven’t spent much time out West, though I’m sure that low humidity climate is really lovely!  

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies