Author Topic: Crazy Coworker Stories  (Read 1556 times)
HomeBrewLamps

View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226
Re: Crazy Coworker Stories « Reply #15 on: June 24, 2018, 12:09:56 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Where do you work?
I worked as maintenance over in pennfield schools.. That was last summer. I'm starting my new job tomorrow at habitat for humanity...

--Owen

High Pressure Sodium Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps (Duh lol) Cool High Pressure Sodium

High Pressure Sodium Sodium lighting is king!

CEB1993

View Gallery

Camden

Re: Crazy Coworker Stories « Reply #16 on: June 24, 2018, 04:16:45 PM » Author: CEB1993
I worked as maintenance over in pennfield schools.. That was last summer. I'm starting my new job tomorrow at habitat for humanity...

Hey thats awesome Owen!  Im sure youll really enjoy habitat for humanity and all of the cool stuff that shows up in the stores. Its amazing how many new old stock or old and still functional lamps and fixtures show up there.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

suzukir122

View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Crazy Coworker Stories « Reply #17 on: June 25, 2018, 05:27:49 AM » Author: suzukir122
@HomeBrewLamps, congrats... now you get to collect all very good vintage stuff a lot easier. Maybe even some rare/unheard of
lamps. As soon as it hits the shelf, you could buy it, or maybe even get it for free...? lol

Interests
1. Motorcycles, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weighting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Yep
Lighting has been a passion of mine since I was born. I consider everyone on LG to be a friend

F96T12 DD VHO

View Gallery

Alex//I love both Iceland and CO

https://www.facebook.com/ DJ_Unrealeased UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w Jack_u_aliens
Re: Crazy Coworker Stories « Reply #18 on: June 26, 2018, 04:07:52 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
While installing some vanity light fixtures in a friends house, the friend who is a girl acted like she was my co-worker, aiding me install 4 vanity lights in 4 bathrooms. Like I don't know how to wire some fixtures to a wall, I've done it several times, in fact too many times to count

She was so annoying, she went on about the terminals like she knew was talking about. She may have gotten Hot, Neutral, and Ground right but then said hot and neutral have 125V going through them
Not really a co-worker but oh well

Fluorescent Lamp T12/T17 Fluorescent Lamp
Snapchat: EvanT12/Dj I.D. I can conduct 120VAC
High Pressure SodiumMercury Vapor LampHigh Pressure Sodium
etta er Mackenzie ea F96 GF, g elska lsingu og mun skjta upp LG sem Kenzie
Check out my Socials

CEB1993

View Gallery

Camden

Re: Crazy Coworker Stories « Reply #19 on: June 28, 2018, 07:43:21 PM » Author: CEB1993
We used to have a receptionist who was a total drama queen.  Let's call her Marge.  Marge would get upset over the littlest things and could not say "no" to anyone.  Mildred the loud mouth New Yorker would harass her all the time.  She had a misbehaved young son who she would have to pick up early from his K5 class, because he would drive his teacher crazy, and get sent home early.  Marge was an incompetent parent, and she would tell us all about it  Shocked 

Marge had drinking problems, and had an unforgettable episode at an office Christmas party a few years ago.  She stayed at the venue late, and went on with a few friends to two more bars in the downtown area.  By the time she got home (to her parents' house at about age 34  Roll Eyes ) she was totally wasted, and had vomited in the back seat of an Uber car.  She went to clean herself up in the bathroom, and passed out in the bathtub.  I can't imagine the looks of her mother and her 5 year old son the next day.

The worst Marge story came when she was having a bad day, and went into a meeting room to clean up.  She spilled a pitcher of water, and cussed out loud.  Bad news, the video feed was on, and she was overheard in another office  Shocked  She stayed home and took a "mental day" after her sailor mouth episode.  She resigned shortly after that.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

suzukir122

View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Crazy Coworker Stories « Reply #20 on: June 29, 2018, 05:24:50 AM » Author: suzukir122
@CEB1993, the whole time I read that, I was picturing Marge from The Simpsons.
Hahaha...
Well I didn't think I would have to add another coworker to the crazy list, but I will. I'll call him bob.
Lower case "B?" Yep... there's a reason for that. I told bob that I own a motorcycle. I showed bob a picture
of my motorcycle. bob responds by showing me a picture of his motorcycle. Yamaha FJR 1300. Here's what made
me mad... the picture was a photo of what the bike *should* look like. In other words, a random picture
of the bike from the internet. Not his bike. So I respond by saying, "So bob, do you have an actual picture
of your actual bike?" Then he says, "Nope. Never took a pic." Lies. He also claims to be an owner of one of
those Hummer SUV's. bob is the kind of person that creates lying stories back to back, wasting peoples
time bragging about stuff that never happened, and THAT is why I don't like bob. With bob, you never know what's
true, and what's not. Even if it's work related.

Interests
1. Motorcycles, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weighting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Yep
Lighting has been a passion of mine since I was born. I consider everyone on LG to be a friend

CEB1993

View Gallery

Camden

Re: Crazy Coworker Stories « Reply #21 on: June 29, 2018, 12:21:09 PM » Author: CEB1993
@CEB1993, the whole time I read that, I was picturing Marge from The Simpsons.
Hahaha...
Well I didn't think I would have to add another coworker to the crazy list, but I will. I'll call him bob.
Lower case "B?" Yep... there's a reason for that. I told bob that I own a motorcycle. I showed bob a picture
of my motorcycle. bob responds by showing me a picture of his motorcycle. Yamaha FJR 1300. Here's what made
me mad... the picture was a photo of what the bike *should* look like. In other words, a random picture
of the bike from the internet. Not his bike. So I respond by saying, "So bob, do you have an actual picture
of your actual bike?" Then he says, "Nope. Never took a pic." Lies. He also claims to be an owner of one of
those Hummer SUV's. bob is the kind of person that creates lying stories back to back, wasting peoples
time bragging about stuff that never happened, and THAT is why I don't like bob. With bob, you never know what's
true, and what's not. Even if it's work related.

Your coworker bob sounds like a character from the Inbetweeners, a lowbrow British comedy.  He sounds like Jay from that show with his compulsive lying to try and impress his friends.  People like that are probably just compensating for something...  Perhaps they have deep, unconscious struggles that manifest themselves via obnoxious behavior.  Just be honest, that's the best policy  Smiley

I just remembered a horrible Mildred story, that would make fluorescent enthusiasts cringe.  Mildred had a horrible temper, and would go into the storage room to look for extra boxes to store files in.  When she couldn't find the right sized box, or a matching lid and box, she would go crazy and start throwing things in the storage room.  Every time she exited, it looked like a tornado had gone through with ripped boxes, scuffed walls, and formerly neat stacks of supplies completely destroyed.  Anyway, one day she got mad and flung a cardboard box straight up in the air, and it broke the fluorescent light  Shocked  The box cracked the plastic light cover, and made both of the F32T8 bulbs blow out.  I discovered the broken light 2 weeks after Mildred got fired.  

« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 09:31:43 AM by CEB1993 » Logged

CEB1993

View Gallery

Camden

Re: Crazy Coworker Stories « Reply #22 on: July 26, 2018, 11:47:37 AM » Author: CEB1993
Well, I just came across the new building managers for my workplace today and it was rather unpleasant  Angry 

I was pulling into the parking garage and fixing to park in my usual space, when out of the corner of my eye, I saw a man in a dark shirt walking behind a parked car as he moved away from my moving car.  As I exited my car, he approached me.  I was apprehensive because I didn't recognize this guy and there is a long history of muggings and petty crimes in my parking garage and other areas in the downtown area.  He asked me if I worked here, if I came and went often, and if I had a key card to the building.  My thought was that if he was a mugger, he was trying to get me to take out my wallet or car keys, which I didn't do.  After our encounter, I watched him carefully as I exited the parking garage, and he took a needlessly close look at one of my coworker's cars.

When I told one of my coworkers about this strange guy, she said that he is the building manager, and he has been harassing anyone who he sees park in the garage.  He's making a crass and tactless attempt to make a record of employees' cars in order to prevent the public from using our parking garage.  That was a relief, because I was really afraid he was a crook, and I had caught him doing something illegal.  I've heard his partner is a nasty piece of work, too.  These two managers are telling off employees who pay them to park and to use the building.  Something is wrong with this picture  Shocked

MissRiaElaine

View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

ATL missriaelaine
Re: Crazy Coworker Stories « Reply #23 on: July 26, 2018, 12:56:45 PM » Author: MissRiaElaine
I used to have a co-worker, let's call him Paul. He very often used to visit me in my office (which was at the opposite end of the building from his..!) and just hang about and waste time with me. I didn't mind this at all, I should add, it was a pleasant diversion from a very hectic schedule at times.

One day he'd been hanging around for quite a bit longer than usual. I actually had quite a lot to do, and I really wanted to get on with it. I asked him "Paul, haven't you got any work to do..?"

His reply was unforgettable, he just said "Yes, I've got plenty, I'm just not doing it..!"  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 12:59:46 PM by MissRiaElaine » Logged

Ria in Aberdeen

I don't disapprove of LED's for domestic and other indoor use, I just don't like them for street lighting.

CEB1993

View Gallery

Camden

Re: Crazy Coworker Stories « Reply #24 on: August 06, 2018, 06:06:05 PM » Author: CEB1993
Let me introduce you to "Kevin."  Where to begin with ol' Kevin?!  Grin Shocked

For starters, Kevin left my work a couple of months ago.  I still don't know if he resigned at his own accord or he got fired.  I have a bad feeling the latter...  He was a major troublemaker, and just hard to work with.  He had all sorts of horrible, nasty, and annoying habits that drove me crazy every day. I'm amazed he lasted as long as he did  Shocked

Some of the things he did:

Watched Netflix on his laptop and phone, and ignored me when I needed help.

Went into the bathroom to sit in the stall to watch Netflix on his phone.

Spilled coffee on the floor and threw trash on the floor, and blamed me  Angry

Burped out loud and "adjusted himself" in the open, gross!

Made rude and inappropriate comments in front of customers.

Complained about his workload, and tried to act like the boss by delegating more work to me and then sat on his laptop and did nothing all afternoon.

One of his many bad habits was his loud speaking voice.  He would rant on and on at 100 decibels, annoy me, and anger the people across the hall.  He would discuss politics and other NSFW topics with me, and get all preachy about it.  I had to get up and leave multiple times.  I had to leave if he came into the break room to eat lunch because of his horrid eating habits.  In addition to the burping, he was a messy eater, would scatter crumbs and other debris all over the floor, and then blow his nose (like an 18-wheeler horn) at the table.  One time he came into work hung over  Shocked  I could go on and on about Kevin!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 06:08:27 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

CEB1993

View Gallery

Camden

Re: Crazy Coworker Stories « Reply #25 on: August 07, 2018, 06:16:20 PM » Author: CEB1993
Just today, I thought about how Kevin is like a real version of the cartoon character Foghorn Leghorn.  He was a LOUD talker with a thick Southern drawl, and didn't know how to hush up!  Kevin was really bossy and in-your-face just like the mentioned cartoon character LOL  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3YK95jW5p0&t=128s

« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 06:20:24 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

ace100w120v

View Gallery

Re: Crazy Coworker Stories « Reply #26 on: August 09, 2018, 11:13:43 PM » Author: ace100w120v
This time, I was the crazy coworker, but my other coworkers still tease me about it every day.

I got (have) this gig living/working at a remote location in rural southeast Alaska. Picture (at times) being the only guy at a place, housesitting/being watchman, only person for 25 miles if nobody else is here.

One day, I went to clean out a rain barrel. Reached in there with paper towels, wiping it out- and discovered I couldn't get it off my head!  So I'm running around screaming profanities, it dawning on me that I'm alone.  I did get out but after relating the story I've never seen my boss (family friend) laugh so hard. 
CEB1993

View Gallery

Camden

Re: Crazy Coworker Stories « Reply #27 on: August 10, 2018, 01:55:01 PM » Author: CEB1993
This time, I was the crazy coworker, but my other coworkers still tease me about it every day.

I got (have) this gig living/working at a remote location in rural southeast Alaska. Picture (at times) being the only guy at a place, housesitting/being watchman, only person for 25 miles if nobody else is here.

One day, I went to clean out a rain barrel. Reached in there with paper towels, wiping it out- and discovered I couldn't get it off my head!  So I'm running around screaming profanities, it dawning on me that I'm alone.  I did get out but after relating the story I've never seen my boss (family friend) laugh so hard. 

I remember you telling me about that mishap.  I'm glad you're okay, Andy!  Smiley  I would be panicking if I got stuck someplace like that and I was alone.

Miss Cuddly

View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

ATL sammi.grayjones@gmail.com
Re: Crazy Coworker Stories « Reply #28 on: August 17, 2018, 01:43:49 PM » Author: Miss Cuddly
This was told to me by the guy that actually did it.

One day Andrew called up his mate at work and asked to speak to him, but was told that he couldn't come to the phone as he was tied up at the moment.
Andrew then said, 'Hmm he always was a bit kinky.' and hung up.

Knowing who had made the initial call, half an hour later his mate called back and called him all the names under the sun. Apparently the girl who took the call was helpless with laughter when she passed the message on.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 01:46:12 PM by Miss Cuddly » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

LED lighting has its place in the home or other indoor uses, but outdoors in street lights is in my opinion not one of them.

Miss Cuddly

View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

ATL sammi.grayjones@gmail.com
Re: Crazy Coworker Stories « Reply #29 on: August 18, 2018, 07:54:27 AM » Author: Miss Cuddly
Another one from a friend.

Alex was in charge of a freight forwarding company, and one of his drivers was for ever leaving the keys in the micro van that they used for local deliveries.
To teach him a lesson, Alex got into the van and moved it into an empty shipping container while he was in the office, the driver came out and found that the van was gone.!
He was in a right panic, until Alex finally relented and showed him where the van was.
He never left the keys in the van again.  Cheesy

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

LED lighting has its place in the home or other indoor uses, but outdoors in street lights is in my opinion not one of them.

Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines