Author Topic: Walmart still using MH  (Read 790 times)
Cole D.

View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Walmart still using MH « on: June 22, 2018, 09:43:56 PM » Author: Cole D.
I noticed my Walmart still has the MH lighting in the parking lot, but I hear most use LED now. Although my Walmart is being remodeled currently with removing the floor tiles and new signs, etc so they may replace them with LED.

Actually most shopping centers in my area still use MH lights, only one Burger King uses the LED lighting, plus the new Publix in town south of me has LED parking lot lights. But old part of the parking lot is still MH.

Plus I know one old shopping center in town north of me that has MV cobra heads.

Do most shopping centers in your area use HID or LED yet.
tolivac

View Gallery

Re: Walmart still using MH « Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 10:52:32 PM » Author: tolivac
The WalMart near my place has LED parking lot lightsGE Evolve-as some here sae "Devolve"They are devolving from Blue-white to Green white.The food Lion still has their MH "hatbox" parking lot lights-appear to be 1Kw MH-like them BETTER than the WalMart lights.The Greenville Mall has MH parking lot lights and MH wallpacks.The inside of the mall has blue White 175W MH celiing lights along with skylaights.They burn the MH lights during the day-they could turn some of them off until night.
Lightingguy1994

View Gallery

Re: Walmart still using MH « Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 07:19:05 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
The walmart in my area is connected to a mall and it uses high mast metal halides with I believe 10 fixtures per pole. Some of the heads are electronically ballasted as they show no hertz. The smaller lights are also metal halide. The inside of the Walmart uses T5 louvers over the produce section and 4 lamp tandem F32T8 shoplights over the rest of the store, though these may be LED retrofitted
High Intensity

View Gallery

Feit HPS on cold startup

GoL
Re: Walmart still using MH « Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 10:20:48 PM » Author: High Intensity
All but one Walmart near me uses MH parking lot lights, the only one that doesn't use MH lights uses SOX parking lot lights.

Old lighting is, and will always be, the best lighting.

mefurd98

View Gallery

Re: Walmart still using MH « Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 11:09:20 PM » Author: mefurd98
Both of the Walmarts in my town converted to LEDs and the parking lots are extremely dark now.

Most of the shopping centers use MH lights and some even use HPS. The mall (Wiregrass Commons) uses MH lights in the parking lot. They also have all three types of HID wallpacks on the side of the building: MH, HPS, and MV.
Cole D.

View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Walmart still using MH « Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 11:48:34 AM » Author: Cole D.
I think Walmart may have relamped their MH fixtures here since the remodel because I went Friday and didn't notice any greened out lamps, and they seemed brighter in general. I could have just not been paying close enough attention.
ace100w120v

View Gallery

Re: Walmart still using MH « Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 10:08:16 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I think my local Walmart uses MH in the parking lot (This particular store was built in the mid 2000's) but the inside has been retrofitted to 5000K LED tubes.
Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines