Author Topic: LG needs to be improved for Mobile..  (Read 730 times)
Lightingguy1994

View Gallery

Re: LG needs to be improved for Mobile.. « Reply #15 on: June 28, 2018, 09:17:14 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Dor123 i cant use Microsoft Paint because i use a mac and i like uploading directly from my camera
Cal

View Gallery

Go on, arcs me.

SPTSuperSprinter156
Re: LG needs to be improved for Mobile.. « Reply #16 on: June 28, 2018, 12:33:26 PM » Author: Cal
This is one reasons why I only use a real digital camera, and don't buy smartphones, as even the best phone camera will never give the wide range of options that a real digital cameras gives. Phone cameras camera are intended only for family pictures, selfies and as a temporary camera in case your other digital camera malfunctioning in repairing or lost so you can't capture images in other ways, nothing more. For lighting pictures, compact camera is the minimum requirement.
You can use MS Paint to resize your images so they won't be rejected by LG and upload the original images to a web picture sharing and use the [img] tag to embed the direct links to the description, but I don't recommends to use camera phone for lighting pictures.

The cameras on the latest smartphones (I have an iPhone 8+) are far better than you might think. I used mine in various places in Europe recently and felt no need to fall back to using an actual dedicated camera. The ability of the iPhone 8ís camera to exposure balance images is amazing - I have a photo taken in the colosseum facing full sunlight and the areas of the image in shadow are perfectly exposed - my actual slr camera couldnít even have done that. All the recent lighting photos in my gallery are done with it as well. Camera is gathering dust.

http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11976

YouTube

merc

View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Re: LG needs to be improved for Mobile.. « Reply #17 on: June 29, 2018, 09:58:04 AM » Author: merc
The cameras on the latest smartphones (I have an iPhone 8+) are far better than you might think. I used mine in various places in Europe recently and felt no need to fall back to using an actual dedicated camera. The ability of the iPhone 8ís camera to exposure balance images is amazing - I have a photo taken in the colosseum facing full sunlight and the areas of the image in shadow are perfectly exposed - my actual slr camera couldnít even have done that. All the recent lighting photos in my gallery are done with it as well. Camera is gathering dust.
Yes and no.

Yes, there has been an incredible development in recent years. Small smartphone sensors can take decent quality pictures even in poorer lighting conditions, the AI (artificial intelligence) can fix a lot of things, create fake shallow DoF to separate foreground and background objects etc. Image quality of a good modern smartphone camera is already better than the IQ of an 1/2.3"-sensor dedicated 5+ years old compact camera. Most people have their smartphones always with them and the best camera is the camera you have with you. It allows taking pictures discretely (unlike the big camera). And so on.

On the other hand, dedicated cameras also improve (while the progress isn't probably as fast as with smartphones). It's difficult to take detailed photographs of distant objects (street lights) with the limited smartphone camera zoom capabilities. And the heavily cropped objects (from a smartphone photograph) still look awful regardless on lighting conditions. So a good dedicated camera can sometimes be a real advantage while the smartphone camera can be enough in many situations.

And don't forget the photographer. If they know what they're doing, they can take good pictures even with a worse camera or a smartphone. If they don't, even the best camera on earth won't help.

Not a misoLEDist...

Cal

View Gallery

Go on, arcs me.

SPTSuperSprinter156
Re: LG needs to be improved for Mobile.. « Reply #18 on: June 29, 2018, 11:02:22 AM » Author: Cal
Yes and no.

Yes, there has been an incredible development in recent years. Small smartphone sensors can take decent quality pictures even in poorer lighting conditions, the AI (artificial intelligence) can fix a lot of things, create fake shallow DoF to separate foreground and background objects etc. Image quality of a good modern smartphone camera is already better than the IQ of an 1/2.3"-sensor dedicated 5+ years old compact camera. Most people have their smartphones always with them and the best camera is the camera you have with you. It allows taking pictures discretely (unlike the big camera). And so on.

On the other hand, dedicated cameras also improve (while the progress isn't probably as fast as with smartphones). It's difficult to take detailed photographs of distant objects (street lights) with the limited smartphone camera zoom capabilities. And the heavily cropped objects (from a smartphone photograph) still look awful regardless on lighting conditions. So a good dedicated camera can sometimes be a real advantage while the smartphone camera can be enough in many situations.

And don't forget the photographer. If they know what they're doing, they can take good pictures even with a worse camera or a smartphone. If they don't, even the best camera on earth won't help.

You are right 100%. I mean, the iPhone 8+ camera is so good. My Berlin photos (including the zoomed inset of the lantern) were all done with this. It wonít beat my SLR camera body with the sigma 85mm f/1.4, or its absolute clarity in taking an exposure of night time objects, but for everything else, it is as good as or better. And yes, it takes brilliant selfies with the DOF effect  Grin

http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11976

YouTube

Men of God

View Gallery

jiachao.wei.71 chao990613
Re: LG needs to be improved for Mobile.. « Reply #19 on: July 11, 2018, 08:24:02 PM » Author: Men of God
我也是这样认为,如果可以出APP更好

我不会英文,所以我用中文,请你们用翻译网站翻译我打的字!

I can't in English, so I in Chinese, please use the translation website to translate my words!

HomeBrewLamps

View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226
Re: LG needs to be improved for Mobile.. « Reply #20 on: July 13, 2018, 07:58:16 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
我也是这样认为,如果可以出APP更好
a lighting gallery app would be interesting..

--Owen

High Pressure Sodium Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps (Duh lol) Cool High Pressure Sodium

High Pressure Sodium Sodium lighting is king!

Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines