Author Topic: Firework Displays and/or Setups  (Read 1645 times)
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Firework Displays and/or Setups « on: July 04, 2018, 02:36:35 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I love firework displays are amazing and sometimes I am behind them because I'm giving them fireworks in case they run out or for that grand finale
I also sometimes shoot them too but thats very rare, plus my gf would not be to happy with me playing with pyrotechnics (already a pyromaniac somewhat)
Who else likes these or likes fireworks in general

Also tell some stories about some firework shows that happened in your lifetime
Here's mine
2 years ago on this day we had a fireworks show that went great until the finale, because the finale involved somebody who screwed up and the rest of the set went off at the same time. That led to a whole plume of smoke and chaos everywhere, people were screaming from the non-stop explosions that had no excitement but only fear. I enjoyed that
Story #2
This wasn't at a show but sometime (like 5 months ago) me and some friends wanted to shoot some of those 4' fireworks, we bought over 25 of them and shot them, I decided to shoot the very last one and unfortunately but awesomely my firework failed... During mid-flight and came flying down directly at me. When it was a good 35 feet away from me, it went off. That shockwave HURT!! I never knew that SOUND could hurt you, other from that I was fine... Well until my gf found out and called me out and halfway did an argument in front of my friends (3boys including me, and one girl). She forced me in her car and drove me to a random place in the forest and finished it there. She was mad but also embarrassed

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Firework Displays and/or Setups « Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 09:16:52 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I also love a good firework show. (went to one last night infact.) :)
Most years I also shoot off some of my own as well (small stuff ofcourse). This year is one of only two that I won't be setting anything off...the county where I live has a fire/fireworks ban.

-------------
Quote from: F96T12 DD VHO
I love firework displays are amazing and sometimes I am behind them because I'm giving them fireworks in case they run out or for that grand finale
I personally do not believe that statement .LOL. the large fireworks used in commercial displays are something the average person can't just go buy...

me and some friends wanted to shoot some of those 4' fireworks, we bought over 25 of them and shot them,
If you are/were actually in/near Aspen... you absolutely should not be shooting off at any time!

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Firework Displays and/or Setups « Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 07:54:23 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I also love a good firework show. (went to one last night infact.) :)
Most years I also shoot off some of my own as well (small stuff ofcourse). This year is one of only two that I won't be setting anything off...the county where I live has a fire/fireworks ban.

------------- I personally do not believe that statement .LOL. the large fireworks used in commercial displays are something the average person can't just go buy...

If you are/were actually in/near Aspen... you absolutely should not be shooting off at any time!
For the first quote the commercial displays normally have backups
For the second one you quoted me on, me and my friends normally don't care about the rules, and most times there's nothing they can do really

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Firework Displays and/or Setups « Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 10:31:52 AM » Author: Cole D.
We don't ever set off any of our own. Now I usually just go in the back yard at my house to watch them. I can see two good shows, and probably four more that are further away just from my back yard.

In the past we would usually go to a party on July 4th. From the back yard there we were really close to the city's show which was out on a barge. Plus at the house they would set off their own show. I like to see them but I don't care for all of the noise, especially up close. It's loud enough from my house.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Firework Displays and/or Setups « Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 10:34:30 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: F96T12 DD VHO
me and my friends normally don't care about the rules,
When you're in the mountains its not even just about the rules, its all about safety.
...the majority of forest fires get started because of people, not natural causes like lightning.

All it takes is one little errant firework to set a pine tree on fire...and once its started the whole tree goes up in flames fast. I've seen it happen. (in that case they were very lucky that it was a .one. tree, without others right near it, it wasn't right next to the houses, there was no wind, and a fire station just a mile away)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Firework Displays and/or Setups « Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 10:42:15 AM » Author: Medved
2 years ago on this day we had a fireworks show that went great until the finale, because the finale involved somebody who screwed up and the rest of the set went off at the same time. That led to a whole plume of smoke and chaos everywhere, people were screaming from the non-stop explosions that had no excitement but only fear. I enjoyed that

Well, that reminded me of one case where the power up procedure was not properly followed, combined not really well designed sequencer system (it was not immune enough in my eyes; it was presented as an example of bad automation system design practices). The result was, all fireworks went off all at once. Fortunately they were at that time all properly mechanically installed and aimed (as they are supposed to be when messing up with the firing controllers), so except the ruined performance show, there was no other damage at all. Well, the overall performance was worth nearly $100k, so quite some money for "just" a wrong switch sequence error (the sequencer manufacturer was cleared from the responsibility, because their manual was very clear there and it was clearly not followed)...

No more selfballasted c***

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Firework Displays and/or Setups « Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 10:47:25 AM » Author: Medved
When you're in the mountains its not even just about the rules, its all about safety.
...the majority of forest fires get started because of people, not natural causes like lightning.

All it takes is one little errant firework to set a pine tree on fire...and once its started the whole tree goes up in flames fast. I've seen it happen. (in that case they were very lucky that it was a .one. tree, without others right near it, it wasn't right next to the houses, there was no wind, and a fire station just a mile away)

Well, these are the type of rules my father-in-law uses to describe as "blood written laws", so "written by blood of the victims in the past". He worked in the railway industry as a station master...

No more selfballasted c***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Firework Displays and/or Setups « Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 01:17:09 PM » Author: AngryHorse
We only use fireworks on November 5th, aka 'Bonfire night' in the UK, and maybe a few on new years eve?, its lucky we don't have an independence day in July like the USA, as its been so dry here for nearly three weeks, that we're having bush fires!!, so fireworks would be banned here at the moment!, the last time it was this bad where I am, was 1976  :o

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Firework Displays and/or Setups « Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 11:21:00 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I have a half empty box of popits

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies