Author Topic: incandescent lamps clear or coated  (Read 5873 times)
form109
incandescent lamps clear or coated « on: August 01, 2008, 10:56:52 PM » Author: form109
what would you rather have in a radial wave of crescent moon

clear incandescent

coated incandescent

i think clear is better what do you guys think.?
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: incandescent lamps clear or coated « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 11:05:44 PM » Author: lite_lover
I agree,clear is better.

The brighter the better.

form109
Re: incandescent lamps clear or coated « Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 11:10:53 PM » Author: form109
i think if you put a coated incandescent in a very old fixture it would ruin the look,it also would not look as cool at night.
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: incandescent lamps clear or coated « Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 01:34:40 AM » Author: Silverliner
Definitely clear. In Ross, a small town in northern California near San Francisco, the incandescent radial waves had frosted lamps the last time I saw them. Didn't look right, but they have prolly since been relamped.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

DimBulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: incandescent lamps clear or coated « Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 04:49:11 AM » Author: DimBulb
Gotta be clear!! The scary shadows produced by clear incandescents are awesome!

My very first word was LIGHT!

form109
Re: incandescent lamps clear or coated « Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 07:55:45 PM » Author: form109
Gotta be clear!! The scary shadows produced by clear incandescents are awesome!

yep,i couldnt have said it better myself! ;D
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: incandescent lamps clear or coated « Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 09:56:27 PM » Author: Foxtronix
I take a halfway choice: light/inside frost! I grew up especially with inside frosted lamps, but also with clear lamp. I remember that my parents bought almost only Econo-lite packages with 4 bulbs for 99ยข... they were orange with white forms of T-shaped lamps ( I always loved these) They had also white strips I think... I was jumping everywhere each time they bought one. This lasted many years until they disappeared and started to be only sold in packages of 2... Anyway I so want to find one of these packages!! If someone know what I'm talking about and have one of these, a photo would be very appreciated!  :D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 10:01:39 PM by TiCoune66 » Logged

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: incandescent lamps clear or coated « Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 07:43:38 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
retrofit it to HPS  :P
Just kidding

Clear of course

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Mercury Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: incandescent lamps clear or coated « Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 04:37:17 PM » Author: Mercury Man
CLEAR!!!   Without a doubt.
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: incandescent lamps clear or coated « Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 06:49:53 PM » Author: prawnman88
i like clear old carbon or 130v krypton
Parrot

View Posts
View Gallery
YouTube: Parrot175

Parrot175 parrot175
Re: incandescent lamps clear or coated « Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 03:09:56 PM » Author: Parrot
I think clear is the best! It will look more original!
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: incandescent lamps clear or coated « Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 04:47:49 PM » Author: Medved
Depend on the fixture, some work better with clear (e.g. when they have refractor fully covering the lamp), some with frosted (where the lamp is directly visible)

No more selfballasted c***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: incandescent lamps clear or coated « Reply #12 on: December 05, 2019, 05:09:40 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
For high wattage lamps, definitely clear to show off the wonderful filament structure.  8)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: incandescent lamps clear or coated « Reply #13 on: December 07, 2019, 03:14:38 AM » Author: James
A slightly dirty clear lamp!  Frosted would look terrible but I do like to be able to see the shape of the glass bulb, and with a perfectly clean new clear bulb this becomes almost invisible against the glare of the filament.  In some old displays I saw everything was spotlessly clean and that looked too clinical and out of place.  Just a tiny amount of dust on the bulb provides enough scattering to make its surface illuminate and identify the shape from a distance when lighted.
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: incandescent lamps clear or coated « Reply #14 on: December 07, 2019, 05:11:15 AM » Author: Jovan
Clear bulbs are good for general purpose.Frosted ones are good for rooms and wall mounted lamps to prevent shadows and glarity.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies