Author Topic: Well, GRRRR!!!  (Read 1858 times)
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Well, GRRRR!!! « on: September 27, 2018, 05:04:55 PM » Author: Powell
I was running a "life test" on 2 lamps. One a GE made ACE and a GE Mainlighter that had a bit of use.  The ACE lamp starting making a brown spot that would eventually be black. I should have changed that lamp then. It EOL-ed and also probably took out the mainlighter. It would not light when I put in a new lamp but the filament appears good.I'll see what goes when I put it in my preheat fixture. It had started some end banding. 

A perplexed Powell

NNNN!

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Well, GRRRR!!! « Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 05:46:52 PM » Author: Powell
This was in a 2 lamp rapid start high power fixture ceiling fixture. Well.....................when I get home the 2 lamp HPF preheat fixture will see what happens........    :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

NNNN!

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Well, GRRRR!!! « Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 08:38:44 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
That's interesting that it just failed like that. Maybe the ballast you tested it on might have some issues.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Well, GRRRR!!! « Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 05:31:30 PM » Author: Powell
Ballast is OK. The mainlighter failed and messed up the other lamp which starts on preheat but is very unhappy. The mailighter lit and did all kinds of swirling and eventually failed. 

NNNN!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies