Author Topic: Are Philips Ceramalux HPS lamps any good ?  (Read 178 times)
Lightingguy1994

View Gallery

Are Philips Ceramalux HPS lamps any good ? « on: July 12, 2018, 10:41:30 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I ordered a case of 70w ones from ebay for a very reasonable price. They are the coated ones. They are for my 70w security light fixtures. How are these lamps?

If they are the ones that are non cycling and turn mercury vapour colour near EOL, that is no issue to me.

They are the Philips Ceramalux C70S62/D 70W HPS
dor123

View Gallery
My other loves are computers and office equipment

Re: Are Philips Ceramalux HPS lamps any good ? « Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 10:56:13 AM » Author: dor123
You can know if it is a non cycling HPS lamp, by looking at the colors of the lamp during run-up: If it runs up all the way with mercury color and don't pass through SOX/LPS color even if it is a brand new or not so much used, it is a non cycling lamp.

I"m don't speak english well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the European date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I hope that LED won't replace all forms of other light

Lightingguy1994

View Gallery

Re: Are Philips Ceramalux HPS lamps any good ? « Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 11:01:32 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Most of my lamps boot up wit ha blueish white colour and turn into peach colour then HPS orange. Some of my lamps don't show a blue colour at startup but a white colour instead, then they turn peach and then orange.

Also are these coated lamps coated with a phosphor like coated MV that could affect the startup colours ?
Medved

View Gallery

Re: Are Philips Ceramalux HPS lamps any good ? « Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 02:51:30 PM » Author: Medved
HPS coating is intended just as a diffuser, the HPS radiated photons have too low energies to be of any use for any conversion.
However some makers have at some times used the same substance as for MV phosphors (the reason was just logistic simplification on the production floor, the MV phosphorsvwere so cheap and so little light absorbing, they were viable even just as diffusers). These materials then may fluoresce under the UV emitted during the HPS warmup.

No more selfballasted c***

Lightingguy1994

View Gallery

Re: Are Philips Ceramalux HPS lamps any good ? « Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 11:18:29 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
That would be awesome to come across such a lamp that is sodium but still has phosphor , when mine come in i'll test for that
Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines