Author Topic: Well the heat is on!  (Read 4421 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Well the heat is on! « Reply #15 on: July 22, 2018, 04:03:19 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We had our neighbour's catses in today, he's gone away for the weekend and asked us to look after them. We were hoping they'd stay with us overnight, but it's too hot in here for them (currently it's 80°F (it's 75° in his flat upstairs) so we reluctantly took them back home for the night. We've got all the windows wide open and two fans going full blast, so hopefully it will cool down enough for them by the morning.

I think it gets hotter in here than upstairs because we have a lot more stuff and there is a lot of computer kit generating heat. We do love those catses, and we were so looking forward to having them with us overnight, but it's not to be 
:'(
They've been with us all day today, and they are much more settled because the temperature is just that little bit lower. So hopefully they will be okay to spend the night with us.  :)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Well the heat is on! « Reply #16 on: July 22, 2018, 04:04:46 PM » Author: Rommie
They've been with us all day today, and they are much more settled because the temperature is just that little bit lower. So hopefully they will be okay to spend the night with us.  :)
And play the toe game at 3 in the morning  :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Well the heat is on! « Reply #17 on: July 27, 2018, 02:48:29 PM » Author: Rommie
Well we've had a break in the weather, this evening as we were just arriving home, it started trying to rain, fortunately we just got in before there was VERY loud thunder, then torrential rain and hail  :o

Fortunately it didn't last long, it's still raining though and the temperature is currently 66°F (feeling like 70°) and the humidity is up at 94/95% which is the real killer for me, I am NOT going to sleep tonight if it stays like this  :(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Well the heat is on! « Reply #18 on: July 29, 2018, 08:08:41 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
High humidity here again tonight at 89% and the temperature is up at 57˚F. It's not going to be a comfortable night.  :(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies