Author Topic: Well the heat is on!  (Read 4216 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Well the heat is on! « on: July 19, 2018, 07:35:23 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Where I live the temperatures are going to the triple digits this weekend in Southeast Texas. Then some rain by next week, which is some relief.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Well the heat is on! « Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 08:38:57 AM » Author: dor123
See what our temperatures here in Israel: Google translated link (Original Hebrew link)
We have 29*C-24*C (84.2*F-75.2*F) here in Kiryat Ata. Eilat have 42*C-29*C (107.6*F-84.2*F)(Temperatures of day and night).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 08:43:13 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Well the heat is on! « Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 02:23:19 PM » Author: hannahs lights
Its really warm here in the south of the UK up to 80 Fahrenheit at times supposed to be even warmer next week I love warm weather!! Its an excuse to try out my new swimsuit!
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Well the heat is on! « Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 03:04:51 PM » Author: Rommie
Its really warm here in the south of the UK up to 80 Fahrenheit at times supposed to be even warmer next week I love warm weather!! Its an excuse to try out my new swimsuit!
We'll await the pictures  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Well the heat is on! « Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 07:33:46 PM » Author: Rommie
I too like the weather we are currently getting here in the UK, I haven’t had a sun tan this good since I was a kid.
It's too warm for us, we can't sleep. I don't tan either, I just go bright red and peel  :(

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Well the heat is on! « Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 09:05:57 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I'm naturally tan, and I feel like it's from me being mixed with African American and White
In the Winters/Falls I get so white, it's like there is no other race but just white
In the other seasons I'm really dark

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Well the heat is on! « Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 09:12:12 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I don't consider it to be 'hot' until its above 90-F (32-C)
But that said, where there usually isn't the issue of humidity...below 20% is pretty common.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Well the heat is on! « Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 01:36:46 AM » Author: suzukir122
I'm half African American, half Barbadian. So I'm black. During the winter months, my skin appears lighter...
but during the summer months, my skin appears darker, (trust me, I don't need even the slightest tan) and very oily.
Taking a shower does help with reducing the oil though, but only for so long.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Well the heat is on! « Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 06:57:10 AM » Author: Rommie
But that said, where there usually isn't the issue of humidity...below 20% is pretty common.

Yeah, humidity is the main problem for me. I can take heat if it's dry heat, but we don't get much of that here, we're right on the coast and there's lots of rain as well  :-\

It rarely gets all that hot here, at least not outside, 80 is probably the high end of things, but our living room has windows on three sides (assuming the kitchen door is open, which it really has to be to get any decent ventilation) and we get the sun on all sides at some point in the day  8)

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Well the heat is on! « Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 07:00:08 AM » Author: lightinglover8902

Well in Southeast Texas, its humid, so factor the humidity, its hotter than dry air.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Well the heat is on! « Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 07:18:40 AM » Author: Medved
My experience with humidity:
Here, in central Europe, when it reaches 30degC, it becomes unbearable, even when you are here long time (so no temperature shock from traveling from far away).
But when I've visited Phoenix and in the Tucson area in the middle of August (about two years ago), where temperatures above 40degC were most of the day even in the shadows, (except the first hour when leaving the airport building) I could handle that pretty well (way better than the 28degC at home). And my wife said the same...
I guess the only, but the main difference was, the humidity at my home uses to be in the 40..50% range, but in the Arizona desert it was just few percent...
Now it uses to be altering between about 25degC rainy day vs 30degC sunny day...

No more selfballasted c***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Well the heat is on! « Reply #11 on: July 20, 2018, 04:06:23 PM » Author: AngryHorse
As maintenance, we work outside most of the year, and I tan up nice now, (I used to burn as a kid in summer), but it's been, sometimes 34 here over the last four weeks, and that a bit much!  :o, I've had the best job this week though, painting our call center, (with FULL air conditioning),.... Result!  8)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Well the heat is on! « Reply #12 on: July 21, 2018, 07:31:48 PM » Author: Rommie
We had our neighbour's catses in today, he's gone away for the weekend and asked us to look after them. We were hoping they'd stay with us overnight, but it's too hot in here for them (currently it's 80°F (it's 75° in his flat upstairs) so we reluctantly took them back home for the night. We've got all the windows wide open and two fans going full blast, so hopefully it will cool down enough for them by the morning.

I think it gets hotter in here than upstairs because we have a lot more stuff and there is a lot of computer kit generating heat. We do love those catses, and we were so looking forward to having them with us overnight, but it's not to be  :'(

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Well the heat is on! « Reply #13 on: July 22, 2018, 06:05:52 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Funny seeing people saying that 30C and above is hot. It's normal to get days in Australia that is 40C+  ;)

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Well the heat is on! « Reply #14 on: July 22, 2018, 04:00:43 PM » Author: Medved
Funny seeing people saying that 30C and above is hot. It's normal to get days in Australia that is 40C+  ;)

Well, I was saying 30degC in central Europe is too hot to be comfortably bearable, but 40+degC in Arizona deserts is still pretty fine. The difference is the humidity, or better ultimately the dew point. In Arizona it was still lower, so it wasnt feeling that hot as the 10degC lower temperature at home.
However I can not imagine Japan these days, with 40degC at 80+% or so (according to some news reports). That sounds really deadly to me...

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies