Author Topic: Re: Site announcement: Regarding cyber bullying and stalking of members.  (Read 4396 times)
whitestar
Re: Site announcement: Regarding cyber bullying and stalking of members. « Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 01:12:50 AM » Author: whitestar
Yes it is a sad state.
I have been aware of this site for years and one thing I have noticed is the constant going on over led especially it being dragged into genuine posts, also as it has been said befor the off topic has become more dominant and if this site turns more like a social media site them that will enevitably show the problems associated with it.
TL8W

View Gallery

Lee

None
Re: Site announcement: Regarding cyber bullying and stalking of members. « Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 01:26:31 AM » Author: TL8W
Saddened that a clampdown has become necessary.

LG is one of the best discoveries of my life, having joined almost 8 years ago. There are as many differences of opinion within lighting as there are lamp types, but what brings us all together, our collective enthusiasm for our preferred lamps, gear and fittings, speaks far louder than what divides us.

Likewise, LG is an extraordinarily broad church of personalities and mindsets most of which intersect harmoniously but with any organisation such as ours the fringe element can occasionally get a little out of hand, but is usually tidied up discreetly behind the scenes.

If someone elseís opinion makes us angry, a pause for thought is crucial before we reply, we can still  make our point constructively and with consideration to everyone else who might read it, thus preserving our own image as well as that of this site to others.

I read with interest the comments above regarding LED technologies. Yes they are just another form of lighting. While it is sad that traditional, tried and trusted technologies seem to be getting brushed aside at the pace they are, regrettably technology cannot conveniently stand still for us, it does mean our relationship with our cherished lighting will evolve to that of preserving and maintaining what we have and can continue to rescue. For those of us that cannot sit comfortably with this, LED cannot and will not take our collections from us, but may provide lighting solutions where none existed in the past.

Lighting Brings Us Together, letís remember this each time we post,  letís keep LG strong, clean and proud

We do not have to agree on anything to be kind to one another. The ability to be civil is available to everyone on earth, for free.

dyo1

View Gallery

Re: Site announcement: Regarding cyber bullying and stalking of members. « Reply #17 on: August 09, 2018, 03:43:09 AM » Author: dyo1
Weird, many forums I've been a member of were attacked in the last few weeks, a gaming forum, virii forum and 2 more come to mind, one even went full-lockdown mode
Men of God

View Gallery

jiachao.wei.71 chao990613
Re: Site announcement: Regarding cyber bullying and stalking of members. « Reply #18 on: August 09, 2018, 03:52:59 AM » Author: Men of God
很遗憾听到这样的消息,管理员们应该很快会查个水落石出的吧?

我不会英文,所以我用中文,请你们用翻译网站翻译我打的字!

I can't in English, so I in Chinese, please use the translation website to translate my words!

DaveMan
Administrator

View Gallery

Re: Site announcement: Regarding cyber bullying and stalking of members. « Reply #19 on: August 09, 2018, 01:14:17 PM » Author: DaveMan
The original thread has been split up since the replies were starting to deviate from the topic matter at hand, which was important. I've locked the original thread and moved all the replies here. Concerns may be posted here provided that they are within the site's code of conduct and relevant to the topic at hand. And please don't ask who or where or why because we cannot divulge any of those details as it would breach our confidentiality policy. Thanks in advance.

David L.
Administrator, Lighting-Gallery.net

Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines