Author Topic: Speed/kind of your Internet connection?  (Read 14373 times)
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #60 on: June 05, 2015, 12:14:55 AM » Author: Solanaceae
I can't even get it at the store, which is right next to a cell tower I'm positive is atnt.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #61 on: June 12, 2015, 10:43:34 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
Uh? This is apparently the Internet connection at school...

Here's a different server:

« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:50:58 AM by TheMaritimeMan » Logged

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #62 on: June 12, 2015, 12:52:47 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I didn't get to measure the school Internet but it was terrible when a whole class was in the computer lab doing research.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #63 on: June 30, 2015, 01:10:08 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
The company I work for provides 100G services and is a major fiber optic provider for commercial use only so I get to play with some fast equipment, but most computers can't handle that speed, only special types of equipment used for the data transfer. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #64 on: July 09, 2015, 09:21:52 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
I did another test recently on a school computer and got 500 Mbps in both directions. It turns out we have a 10 Gbps connection to the Internet, which is incredible. Even our internal network is only 1 Gbps. Apparently we are basically our own Internet service provider, and also serve as the ISP for many other universities in the region.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

MetalHalideHater

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #65 on: August 16, 2015, 06:25:39 AM » Author: MetalHalideHater
I'm on 10/1 VDSL2 here in the UK. My copper to cabinet is about 2KM, so I'm pretty happt to get 10mbps. There's also 7mbps ADSL1, but the 0.3mbps up was too little.

4G provides around 30/5, so I tend to use it for big stuff. I only need to drive a few KM and I can get around 100/40 on 4G, which is quite good.
BGPatterson
Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #66 on: August 18, 2015, 07:00:54 AM » Author: BGPatterson
got a provider called City Wide Wifi here in Michigan.  I live in a dead zone for anything but dialup and the Dish based internet.  this is from a small Ubiquiti-branded dish on our power pole to a grain elevator about 1.5mi away.  

It looks terrible but I can play 480p youtube videos just fine and they never buffer for more than a second when first watching them.  can also play garrysmod and Team fortress 2 online with no problems.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 07:02:42 AM by Aveoguy22 » Logged
BGPatterson
Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #67 on: October 10, 2015, 11:17:26 AM » Author: BGPatterson
I have telus DSL. It's 25 down and 5 up.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 09:56:27 AM by BGPatterson » Logged
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #68 on: August 05, 2018, 02:04:50 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Currently, at the place I'm living in right now, sketchy 4G cellular data, via a booster to such a sketchy signal that on its own once I leave the house my iPhone simply reverts to "No Service"
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #69 on: August 05, 2018, 05:02:16 AM » Author: dor123

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #70 on: August 05, 2018, 07:12:26 AM » Author: Rommie
We have FTTC with Sky, cabinet is about 300 yards away. The quoted speed is 40Mbps down and 10 up, we usually get something like 35 down and 10-12 up, so we're reasonably happy with that. It does us for everything we need, anyway.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #71 on: August 05, 2018, 07:33:43 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Well apartments don't have the best

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #72 on: August 05, 2018, 07:38:02 AM » Author: Rommie
Well apartments don't have the best
That's not a bad speed..  Or do you mean us..? It's reasonable, we could have it twice as fast if we paid more, but 40/10 does us.

Although I am a tad jealous of a friend in San Francisco, he told me they get FTTP at 100Mbps both up and down, plus a phone line, for $62 a month..! That's about what we're paying, exchange rates not withstanding  :o

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #73 on: August 05, 2018, 09:14:58 PM » Author: joseph_125
Here's mine:

The quoted speed is 75 down, 10 up unlimited bandwidth. Seems like I've been getting faster than quoted lol.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #74 on: August 16, 2018, 07:31:50 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Here's mine:

The quoted speed is 75 down, 10 up unlimited bandwidth. Seems like I've been getting faster than quoted lol.
I'd keep quiet about it then... :-X

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies