Author Topic: Sodium Hour.  (Read 88 times)
F96T12 DD VHO

View Gallery

Alex//I love both Iceland and CO

https://www.facebook.com/ DJ_Unrealeased UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w Jack_u_aliens
Sodium Hour. « on: August 11, 2018, 04:21:32 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Like Golden Hour and Blue Hour
There is a time where the sun sets very close to the horizon and the appearance is similar to you being under a HPS lamp
This sunset pic I took while in Florida should help you get what I'm trying to say

Note: there is no such thing as "Sodium Hour"

Fluorescent Lamp T12/T17 Fluorescent Lamp
Snapchat: EvanT12/Dj I.D. I can conduct 120VAC
High Pressure SodiumMercury Vapor LampHigh Pressure Sodium
etta er Mackenzie GF F96 g elska lsingu og mun skjta upp LG sem Kenzie
Check out my Socials

sol

View Gallery

Re: Sodium Hour. « Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 08:18:21 PM » Author: sol
Well, when Im in the car in the evening, there is a period I refer to as the  street light zone  which is that time when it is starting to get dark and  the majority of street lights turn on. When they were all HID, it was an interesting time as you would catch some striking and some in various stages of warm up.
Cole D.

View Gallery

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Sodium Hour. « Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 05:08:29 PM » Author: Cole D.
Well, when Im in the car in the evening, there is a period I refer to as the  street light zone  which is that time when it is starting to get dark and  the majority of street lights turn on. When they were all HID, it was an interesting time as you would catch some striking and some in various stages of warm up.

Yeah, I was driving a few weeks ago just as it was getting dark and got to see the streetlights all coming on. It was cool because some I wasn't even sure if they were MV because they had that color, but I suspect it was just the stages of warmup.

Sometimes when I go for a walk on my street in the evening, I'm able to go by right as the HPS bucket light a few houses down is starting up. I love watching the colors and hearing it hum as it warms up.

And yeah, I enjoy sunsets too. It does sometimes cast an HPS colored glow on the trees. I can see some great sunsets from the back porch, or when I go for walks. After stormy weather produces some striking ones with the cloud formations.
Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines