Author Topic: Where would I find old area lights or streetlights?  (Read 1274 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Where would I find old area lights or streetlights? « on: August 25, 2018, 01:43:58 PM » Author: Cole D.
I've always been on the lookout for old or rare streetlights or area lights. Of course I still see some in use. But it's rare to find really old street lights or area lights that have been abandoned. Such as I never see incandescent fixtures like radial waves, etc or gumballs or lights of that sort. Of course I'm not great at identifying NEMA head lights so some of the ones I see could be older ones but I don't really know. It's just that you would think there would be really old fixtures still mounted but unused. Or could it be that rental fixtures weren't really common back then? I do see a few old cobra heads from the 60s or 70s so at least that's something, and old Powr/Brackets sometimes.

Plus I never see these kind of fixtures at thrift stores or yard sales either.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Where would I find old area lights or streetlights? « Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 11:00:32 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
My very first lantern I found inside a junked out car in the local junkyard with a dead lamp and no refractor. https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4643&pos=13&pid=146417

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies