Author Topic: Anybody Here on the Lookout For  (Read 2960 times)
Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Anybody Here on the Lookout For « on: August 31, 2018, 04:33:31 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
Any New Christmas Light Sets This Year?
 ;) ;) ;)
I'm ALWAYS on the Look out for Something Different....
Thanks All

I KNOW I've Started this Thread Early But the Shops will Start Having Christmas Out Soon As it it's September Tomorrow.....

I LOVE Bulbs, Be They The Light up Kind or the Ones That Grow...

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anybody Here on the Lookout For « Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 07:43:09 AM » Author: Rommie
Stop it  :D

This reminds me of a big banner I once saw over the main entrance to a big hotel not far from where I used to live, exhorting us to book our Christmas parties.

In JULY... :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Anybody Here on the Lookout For « Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 10:31:08 PM » Author: Cole D.
I usually only buy new Christmas lights after Christmas, because the stores mark them down the day after and you can get them for a dollar or two. Walmart usually has lots left if you go the day after, wait too long and they've all been picked over. I've seen them marked down at Home Depot and Lowes too. The only problem is you have to wait a year to use them! However, for older ones, I do usually look for them whenever I go to garage sales, because sometimes they have vintage ones for sale.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anybody Here on the Lookout For « Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 12:18:59 PM » Author: Bubbler Tube
So DID Anyone buy {Christmas} anything New this Year?

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anybody Here on the Lookout For « Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 02:09:58 PM » Author: Danny
I bought £16 worth of spare christmas lamps and also one of my friends gave me 3 sets of twinkling fairy lights as they were not working, i got 2 sets of them fixed in 10 minutes so those will be put up next year maybe!

The 3rd set was an LED cherry set, the lamps are replaceable but im guessing some were previously fitted in the wrong way around as i cannot get them to work and unfortunately due to the lamps slotting in the holders either way around i have no idea which lamps are the wrong way around in their sockets! So i will probably just bin them  Oh the joys of LED!
Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anybody Here on the Lookout For « Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 05:28:05 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
I've bought a Noma 40 Clear Filament set and more Replacement Bulbs, Coloured and Clear....
 :) :) :)
Anyone Else?

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anybody Here on the Lookout For « Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 02:24:24 AM » Author: takemorepills
Look in my gallery, I bought a few nice, new things and also acquired some old, vintage stuff also.
Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anybody Here on the Lookout For « Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 03:18:04 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
Look in my gallery, I bought a few nice, new things and also acquired some old, vintage stuff also.

Very Nice!
 ;D
Hope You Will Be Adding More When the Sales Hit!
 ;) ;) ;)

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: Anybody Here on the Lookout For « Reply #8 on: December 26, 2018, 08:52:39 AM » Author: LampLover
Last week (12/20/2018) I bought two new Philips multi-color LED Christmas light strings

Target had them at 30% off of marked price (Probably cheaper as of today 12/26/2018 but I am not going back to the Mall today or anytime soon)

I posted them in my gallery

Here & Here

I know some people dislike the LED strings but for some reason I really like them.

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anybody Here on the Lookout For « Reply #9 on: December 26, 2018, 09:28:41 PM » Author: High Intensity
I got a few strings this year but not very many, the best ones i got this year are two vintage strings of C7 lights.
Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anybody Here on the Lookout For « Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 08:18:30 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
Those who Bought New Stuff Please will You post Photos of Them?
Many Thanks
And HAPPY New Year Everybody!
X

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies