Author Topic: Hello from Brazil!  (Read 697 times)
macusking

View Gallery

I love all the lamps! (but LEDs)

macusking macusking
Hello from Brazil! « on: September 25, 2018, 10:44:43 PM » Author: macusking
Hi friends!
I'm from Brazil!!!

I'm 24yr and my passion for lamps started when I was just 4 years old.

I want to share a history with you!

I came from a poor family, so when I turned 4yr, my mommy hadn't enough money to give me a gift. So, she took a bunch of burned out incandescent lamps  Incandescent Lamp and put in a basket, and "gave me" as a gift. It was the best she could do.  Grin Grin Grin Grin
So, that action was "printed" in my brain in such way that I started being curious about lightbulbs in general with just 4 years old! Every lamp that burn out in my home, I saved it and put in my basked.
I remembered asking my mother "How much "watts" does have the sun?"  Grin Grin Grin
When I reached 5 yr, my mother bought the first CFL  Compact Fluorescent (SL). I was in  love with that lamp and I was wishing it burn out quickly so I could put it in my basket, alongside with my old incandescent lamps  Incandescent Lamp

AS the time passed by, we improved our incomes. With more money, more lamps.

Now I have 24. I have lots of MV lamps, fluorescent lamps (my favorite light source), HPS, CFL and incandescent.
In Brazil lamps are really expensive. A 40w fluorescent tube costs US$4. A 250w MV plus ballast costs US$40. Our economy is messed out. So, I can't match up with the giant collection of bulbs that some members from this forum have (like Parrot). But I'm always adding some new lamps to my collection as money allows me  Smiley

I hope you like my history. I love lamps  Mercury Vapor Lamp

P.S. English isn't my native language. Less than 2% of people in Brazil can actually speak English. So, sorry for any mistakes!

Men are rapid-start. Women are pre-heat.

High Intensity

View Gallery

Feit HPS on cold startup

GoL
Re: Hello from Brazil! « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 11:21:48 PM » Author: High Intensity
Hello macusking, welcome to Lighting Gallery.

Old lighting is, and will always be, the best lighting.

MissRiaElaine

View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

ATL missriaelaine
Re: Hello from Brazil! « Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 05:33:57 AM » Author: MissRiaElaine
Hi, welcome to this madhouse from the frozen north east of Scotland Cheesy

Good to see you here and hope you enjoy it, looking forward to seeing some photos from you in the gallery Cheesy

By the way, I like your signature line, although I couldn't possibly comment further  Cheesy

Ria in Aberdeen

I don't disapprove of LED's for domestic and other indoor use, I just don't like them for street lighting.

Miss Cuddly

View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

ATL sammi.grayjones@gmail.com
Re: Hello from Brazil! « Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 05:37:42 AM » Author: Miss Cuddly
Welcome from me as well, your English is a lot better than some that I have seen on here, so don't worry about it. Cool

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

LED lighting has its place in the home or other indoor uses, but outdoors in street lights is in my opinion not one of them.

rjluna2

View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Hello from Brazil! « Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 10:06:08 AM » Author: rjluna2
Welcome aboard, macusking Smiley

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

LampLover

View Gallery

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: Hello from Brazil! « Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 01:07:35 PM » Author: LampLover
Welcome to Lighting-Gallery macusking
I also like your signature line Grin

I am looking forward to seeing your collection

Down with LED and Instant Start T8
Rapid Start and Preheat For life
Also HID rules

F96T12 DD VHO

View Gallery

Alex//I love both Iceland and CO

https://www.facebook.com/ DJ_Unrealeased UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w Jack_u_aliens
Re: Hello from Brazil! « Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 03:18:12 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Welcome to LG
Looking forward to seeing your posts

Fluorescent Lamp T12/T17 Fluorescent Lamp
Snapchat: EvanT12/Dj I.D. I can conduct 120VAC
High Pressure SodiumMercury Vapor LampHigh Pressure Sodium
etta er Mackenzie ea F96 GF, g elska lsingu og mun skjta upp LG sem Kenzie
Check out my Socials

suzukir122

View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Hello from Brazil! « Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 10:00:42 AM » Author: suzukir122
Yo yo yo... welcome to LG! I look forward to seeing your posts as well. You became a fellow lighting enthusiast
at a very, very early age, just like me. I developed a high interest in lighting when I was 3 years old, and it just
continued on from there. I'm 27 years old now -- nothing has changed. Fluorescent is my #1 favorite of all, although
I'm also a major fan of Mercury Vapor, Metal Halide, and Low/High Pressure Sodium.
Anyways, I look forward to seeing your posts... it's always awesome seeing more fellow lighting enthusiasts emerge.

Interests
1. Motorcycles, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weighting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Yep
Lighting has been a passion of mine since I was born. I consider everyone on LG to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines