Author Topic: Group Replacment?  (Read 1485 times)
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Group Replacment? « on: September 29, 2009, 10:45:11 AM » Author: lightman64
I have seen on a few Incandescent lamps, especially in large stores or restaurants, a label on the etch that says "Group Replacement." What does this mean?

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Group Replacment? « Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 02:44:48 PM » Author: Medved
It mean lamps are replaced before they reach their end of life. It is the way to reduce the asociated cost - most expensive are not bulbs themselve, but the salary of the worker doing the replacement, while the biggest part are his preparation for the work (travel, needed equipment preparation, searching for box with new lamps and/or their orderring,...)
So when he does the replacement work, he at once, so the common preparation cost is paid only once for relamping interval for whole installation (and not for each failed bulb separatelly).
Second benefit is (when used high quality lamps, whose EOL is well predictable) there are all lamps in the installation always working properly.
Such group replacement is a good opportunity to get older, used, but still working bulbs, as they are waste...

No more selfballasted c***

Parrot

View Posts
View Gallery
YouTube: Parrot175

Parrot175 parrot175
Re: Group Replacment? « Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 07:52:11 PM » Author: Parrot
I always wondered what Group Replacement meant. Now I know!
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies