Author Topic: False comparision between sun, CMH, grow HPS, grow LED and MIGRO LED  (Read 4353 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

False comparision between sun, CMH, grow HPS, grow LED and MIGRO LED « on: September 30, 2018, 10:02:26 AM » Author: dor123
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7L3afc5Pjg

In this video, Migro light, compares their "Full spectrum" LED (Which is essentially a regular cool white LED), to sunlight, Philips CDM 942 color CMH, Philips Green Power 600W grow HPS, and a LED grow light consists of red and blue LEDs, and claims that their "Full spectrum" LED is the closest to the sun spectrum (Well: My camera see white LEDs most accurately at Daylight white balance, but the white LED spectrum is significantly different than the solar spectrum. Also: They seems to have faked the spectrum of the Philips Green Power 600W HPS lamp, as it looks strange without the re-absorption band of the sodium line).

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: False comparision between sun, CMH, grow HPS, grow LED and MIGRO LED « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 12:55:06 AM » Author: tolivac
The Philips 942(4200K) series lamps are for "veg" and the warmer 3100K would be for flowering.I use the 3100 K Philips 930 bulbs for gen light-love the color and light quality-again I don't grow plants.HPS bulbs are used by growers for flowering stages.When they mentioned "dual spectrum lamps" thought the video was referring to lamps that contain BOTH an HPS arc tube and a MH one.The video was kinda crappy-poorly produced-just a slide show.And to top it off accompanied by horrible background music used in many YouTube and other videos.Wish the producers would STOP this-I have to turn the speakers off so as not to hear the dopy repeating no talent music!Dialog would have been good in the video.Yes-the pictures of the lights just don't look right.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies