Author Topic: Alrighting which one of you got the /w?  (Read 3623 times)
BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Alrighting which one of you got the /w? « Reply #15 on: April 07, 2021, 10:56:41 PM » Author: BT25
I was watching that lamp but I didn't bid on it . I was a wee bit leery as I couldn't really read the etch and the description was a bit confusing. !00w H38 40A/W ?? The "40 A/W" part looks like an order code for a 40w soft white incandescent .

It was obviously old , and I'm guessing is a small etch Westy .

The etch wasn't very clear in the picture, and I don't think the seller was a lighting person. The etch should read H38-4JA/W. The seller substituted an 0 in place of the J.

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Alrighting which one of you got the /w? « Reply #16 on: April 08, 2021, 01:45:05 AM » Author: joseph_125
Forgot to say congrats to who ever got it. Totally slipped under my rader, granted I already spent a lot on lighting stuff so if was probably better for not to know about it until the auction ended. I already have a /W anyway, a GE from the 1960s.

I use this site to put my maximum bid in if the ending time is when I'm in bed or know I'm going to be out. Some people think sniping as it's called is unethical, but it isn't really as it's no different to you sitting there with your finger itching ready to click at the last moment.

Yeah, I considered using sites like these but I never really felt comfortable giving my eBay credentials to a 3rd party like that. I suppose I could change the password each time or something. Most of the items I buy on eBay now are buy it now or best offer so I rarely have to bid on items.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Alrighting which one of you got the /w? « Reply #17 on: April 08, 2021, 08:56:46 AM » Author: Rommie
Yeah, I considered using sites like these but I never really felt comfortable giving my eBay credentials to a 3rd party like that. I suppose I could change the password each time or something. Most of the items I buy on eBay now are buy it now or best offer so I rarely have to bid on items.
You don't have to use your eBay password, it can be different, it's just the username they need to know. Not sure how it works, but I've used it for years and never had a problem.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: Alrighting which one of you got the /w? « Reply #18 on: April 08, 2021, 12:06:26 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
The etch wasn't very clear in the picture, and I don't think the seller was a lighting person. The etch should read H38-4JA/W. The seller substituted an 0 in place of the J.

The packaging was an earlier version that was used up until 1968 or so. I believe a member here on LG won it, so perhaps they could tell us what the two small numbers above the etch are once they receive the lamp. :mvc:

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Alrighting which one of you got the /w? « Reply #19 on: April 13, 2021, 08:52:50 AM » Author: funkybulb
 Who ever got this is a very nice lamp.

I got 4 of BT25/W about  several years back.   It was lot easier to find rare mercs in the early 2000s than it was today

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: Alrighting which one of you got the /w? « Reply #20 on: April 13, 2021, 10:15:39 AM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Who ever got this is a very nice lamp.

I got 4 of BT25/W about  several years back.   It was lot easier to find rare mercs in the early 2000s than it was today

Yes, older and interesting MV lamps definitely are harder to locate nowadays than they were 5-10 (and longer) years ago. They sometimes came a bit pricey but I am now glad what I had to pay back then, trying to stay within my budget. These were opportunities that for the most part never since came around again... :mv: :mvc:

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies