Author Topic: Rare Rapid Start Ballasts -- Anyone Want Them?  (Read 1852 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Rare Rapid Start Ballasts -- Anyone Want Them? « on: October 11, 2018, 03:51:19 AM » Author: suzukir122
I recently bought 7 very rare 18 watt HPF Rapid Start ballasts for PL18 watt lamps. I bought them originally with the thought that I'd use them
in all of my 7 F15T12/T8 desk lamps, to see if they would work well with F15T12/T8 lamps... long-term usage test. I've concluded that I'd rather
not move forward with this test, although each ballast worked very well with each of my F15T12/T8 lamps.

And so... I'm thinking about selling ALL of my 7 PL18 watt HPF Rapid Start Ballasts on Ebay, as well as 3 additional Trigger Start ballasts
that I no longer use... 2 of them supposedly operate lamps at 0 degrees.

My question is: Does anyone want them? If so, I'll try to see if I can get some help in selling them on Ebay, since I've got no clue
how to sell online... at all. I would sell all ballasts as a whole... none individually. So, you would be getting 10 ballasts in one purchase.

I'm also thinking about selling my... sigh... 7 GE/Valmont Bonus Line Trigger Start Ballasts... 4 of which operate at 0 degrees. I don't want to post this info on the For Sale/Trade portion of this site yet, since the ballasts aren't for sale until I make the move. But if you guys want them, just let me know.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Rare Rapid Start Ballasts -- Anyone Want Them? « Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 05:35:04 AM » Author: dor123
Rapid start can't start 18W PL-Cs, since this lamp have krypton, and so they have high starting and restriking voltage.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Rare Rapid Start Ballasts -- Anyone Want Them? « Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 05:45:39 AM » Author: suzukir122
These PL magnetic Rapid Start ballasts, have much higher OCV than typical Rapid Start ballasts. (330 OCV)

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Rare Rapid Start Ballasts -- Anyone Want Them? « Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 06:06:16 AM » Author: dor123
The ignition voltage of krypton, is in the terms of 750V or similar.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Rare Rapid Start Ballasts -- Anyone Want Them? « Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 06:11:11 AM » Author: suzukir122
I'd post a link to these ballasts I found from the original seller on Ebay, but I'm not sure that's allowed on LG.
330 OCV is what I see on the labels of each ballast. The PL40w versions I've also found on Ebay, claimed to be 450 OCV.

Interests:

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Rare Rapid Start Ballasts -- Anyone Want Them? « Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 06:24:48 AM » Author: dor123
Try to start PL-C 18W with these rapid-start ballasts, and see that the lamp would have hard starting. Once it started, it would operate with no problem, as krypton requires 240V to sustain an arc, once it is started.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Rare Rapid Start Ballasts -- Anyone Want Them? « Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 06:38:15 AM » Author: suzukir122
I'll have to buy PL lamps and give them a try sometime, especially if no one wants to obtain these ballasts.
Because very, very slow start up while using the correct lamps... could be a good reason not to buy them. We will see.

Interests:

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Rare Rapid Start Ballasts -- Anyone Want Them? « Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 10:37:45 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
The ignition voltage of krypton, is in the terms of 750V or similar.
These are for PL-L lamps.

@suzukir122, I would like some of them.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Rare Rapid Start Ballasts -- Anyone Want Them? « Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 10:52:39 PM » Author: suzukir122
I knew there had to be some sort of differences going on... so what exactly is the difference between PL-C and PL-L?

@Fluorescent05, If I get rid of my PL18w ballasts, all of them would be sold as a whole, with 3 additional HPF Trigger Start
ballasts as well. (7 HPF Rapid Start PL18w ballasts, 3 HPF Trigger Start ballasts) So, it'd be 10 ballasts total with one purchase.
I will not sell any ballasts individually. lol

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies