Author Topic: Ballast Source  (Read 3398 times)
Madness
Ballast Source « on: October 18, 2008, 12:32:38 AM » Author: Madness
Could someone give me a source to acquire small ballasts for MV & MH lamps (<200W)? Maybe similar to these from the gallery. I've got some of the these lamps but nothing to light them.
Mercury Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Ballast Source « Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 09:25:17 PM » Author: Mercury Man
Could someone give me a source to acquire small ballasts for MV & MH lamps (<200W)? Maybe similar to these from the gallery. I've got some of the these lamps but nothing to light them.
Your best bet would be to go to a hardware store and purchase a cheap fixture and take the ballast out of it.  Otherwise you might find one online through a supply house but the price tag will probably be high (>$60).  Mercury vapor might be difficult to find at this point but some smaller hardware stores might have leftover stock in them, esp. of the 175 watt variety.  I know that WalMart sells a small MH fixture for less than $50. 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 09:27:45 PM by Brian » Logged
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Ballast Source « Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 09:49:12 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
you can power MV lamps from 175 watt and higher on same wattage MHs and with pulse start ones, just remove the ignitor....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies