Author Topic: GE Bonus Line tar burner ballast love, anyone?  (Read 2208 times)
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

GE Bonus Line tar burner ballast love, anyone? « on: October 21, 2018, 08:17:52 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Found this brand new ballast in box.  hidden in a church closet.  

« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 08:21:11 PM by RyanF40T12 » Logged

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Bonus Line love, anyone? « Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 08:18:43 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
yup yup yup. 

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Bonus Line love, anyone? « Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 08:20:38 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Also found this gem.  Date code says 1981.  

« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 08:22:11 PM by RyanF40T12 » Logged

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: GE Bonus Line tar burner ballast love, anyone? « Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 10:55:34 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
LOL at "tar burner ballast" 8)
Cool find on that GE. Sadly they'll probably never end up using it.
Never know what vintage goodies might be hiding in an old backroom or closet.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Bonus Line tar burner ballast love, anyone? « Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 02:07:48 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
They are mine now, that building is completely T8 so they most certainly will get used! 

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: GE Bonus Line tar burner ballast love, anyone? « Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 08:59:56 AM » Author: suzukir122
Heck yeah man, I'm also a fan of GE Bonus Line on the real. Easy. And then also, you added icing to the cake
with the Universal Thermo-Matic X ballast... which is another very strong HPF Rapid Start ballast I've owned.
Although haven't owned the typical GE Bonus-line R.S ballast, I do own some "Cold-Temp" versions, which can operate
lamps at 0 degrees, and are also 0.80 amps as well. I also own several HPF GE Bonus-line Trigger Start ballasts,
for F14-F20 T12/T8 lamps, with four of them also being "Cold-temp" versions. Every single one of those ballasts
are also strong, and they bring the lamps to be very nice and bright. I've also got tons of Valmont Bonus-line
Trigger Start ballasts that I don't use at all. 9 of them, to be exact. Those ballasts operate exactly the same.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Bonus Line tar burner ballast love, anyone? « Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 01:04:00 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
I might be willing to send the Bonus Line to someone on here (preferably in the USA due to shipping costs) who would like to use it as well? 

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: GE Bonus Line tar burner ballast love, anyone? « Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 12:33:37 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
They are mine now, that building is completely T8 so they most certainly will get used!

Cool that they let you have it.

I might be willing to send the Bonus Line to someone on here (preferably in the USA due to shipping costs) who would like to use it as well?

Nice. I'm sure one of the guys will take you up on that. :)
There was a time I myself woulda been totally been interested. But anymore I doubt I'd use it, it'd just end up in my boxes of ballasts...so would rather see it go to someone here who will put it to good use.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: GE Bonus Line tar burner ballast love, anyone? « Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 08:05:50 AM » Author: suzukir122
I'm the same way in terms of all of my ballasts. I've got 9 of mine that aren't being used, and inside a box in my car.
Not proud of this at all, but I simply cannot use all of them at once.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Bonus Line tar burner ballast love, anyone? « Reply #9 on: October 28, 2018, 03:57:21 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Ryan, I'd take the BonusLine.  PM me if interested. 
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies