Author Topic: sylvania 700 watt /c on eBay  (Read 146 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Gallery

sylvania 700 watt /c on eBay « on: November 07, 2018, 12:02:49 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
search  sylvania coated 700 watt mercury  it should come right up, I just bought 1, seller has 3 left for $25.95 obo  I don't see a date code on the lamp but it is in one of the brown cardboard sleeves I would guess 60's?  etch code is H-35-18ND/C
LampLover

View Gallery

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: sylvania 700 watt /c on eBay « Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 02:41:01 PM » Author: LampLover
I assume this is it?
Anyway I never thought I would see a 700Watt Mercury lamp again as I believe they have been discontinued for years now. Cool that you bought one with a best offer that the seller accepted
Please post more pictures when you get the lamp. Do you have a fixture/ballast that can run a 700Watt Mercury lamp?

Down with LED and Instant Start T8
Rapid Start and Preheat For life
Also HID rules

wide-lite 1000

View Gallery

Re: sylvania 700 watt /c on eBay « Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 04:01:21 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Yes, that is the one. She also has some GE clear 700's along with several other hid's. As for fixtures, I recently got a westy ov-50 that has 700 watt gear in it ,it works BUT the i think the capacitors (3 of them) have problems (one gets VERY HOT) I'm scared to run it fearing killing a low availability lamp or a NO availability ballast. As for photos, I'm still working on that one, ( almost no computer experience and figuring things out SLOWLY & by myself) but, hopefully soon, lots of stuff I would like to show off  BTW, there are several other 700's on eBay right now, 2 of which I'm watching right now but waiting on a thing called cash in order to buy!
funkybulb

View Gallery

Re: sylvania 700 watt /c on eBay « Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 05:58:26 AM » Author: funkybulb
yex it look like your capacitor  going.  if there okd enough it might contain PCB.  was this street light
have not ran for a while? If that the case it will become
deformed causing caps to overheat.  Ive seen this happend in a building that sat emoty for 20 years
then first apply power some capacitors in the be ballast
have blown up with a bang.

i would replace all of them with Am rad
good old metal can capacitor.  the uF
dont have to be dead on but  you want
it to br very close as most of these are rated
for 440 volts

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines