Author Topic: General Electric sells lighting business Current  (Read 1353 times)
nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
General Electric sells lighting business Current « on: November 07, 2018, 08:14:42 PM » Author: nogden
Just read in today's Wall Street Journal that General Electric sold its commercial lighting division (called Current) to American Industrial Partners. Here is the article, though you have to be a WSJ subscriber to read it. There are probably other articles online you can find, too.

The article further explains that GE still has its consumer lighting business.

Think this will lead to a new era of GE lamps, kind of like when the Westinghouse name was sold a while back? Will we start seeing "fake GEs"?
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: General Electric sells lighting business Current « Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 08:56:33 PM » Author: takemorepills
GE is pretty much "done", GE Lighting is definitely over.

We have GE stock and we've been taking a bath, shares are in freefall, and I don't see it ever recovering.
nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: General Electric sells lighting business Current « Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 09:44:38 PM » Author: nogden
Yeah, I have a lot of GE stock, too! I bought it when it started to fall but it still kept falling after I bought it.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: General Electric sells lighting business Current « Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 08:12:30 PM » Author: Cole D.
Yeah, sounds a lot like Westinghouse. GE seems to be done with consumer products. They sold their small appliance and electronics businesses decades ago, and sold their large appliances to Haier last year. I used to hear if GE couldn't be first or second at something they weren't interested in that sector.

I assume this probably means all of their HID fixtures will be discontinued for LEDs fairly soon?

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies