Author Topic: Incandescent Lamp production discontined, Righi Licht AG Switzerland closes down  (Read 147 times)
monkeyface

View Gallery

Wolfram Verdampfungsgefässe

Incandescent Lamp production discontined, Righi Licht AG Switzerland closes down « on: November 08, 2018, 05:31:10 AM » Author: monkeyface
Hi everyone,

Just had a long conversation with the owner of the very last incandescent lamp manufacturer RIGHI LICHT AG in Switzerland (and probably Europe). They stopped allready the production of lamps and now they are selling off their stock.

The reason of closure is the goverment which does not allow the production of such illegal lamps - even not as as a museum or association. This means that all the historical machines are going to be scraped if they are not able to sell them abroad and the knowledge of skilled handcraft is lost for ever.

Really sad to announce that!

dor123

View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Incandescent Lamp production discontined, Righi Licht AG Switzerland closes down « Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 05:48:48 AM » Author: dor123
This shows how much the current government in the European Union is totalitarian. Not surprising why when the EU won the 2012 Nobel Piece Prize, some former laureates disputed the award, claiming that the EU is "clearly not a champion of peace": http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/11/30/desmond-tutu-2-other-nobel-peace-prize-laureates-contest-2012-winner-choice-eu

I"m don't speak english well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the European date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I hope that LED won't replace all forms of other light

monkeyface

View Gallery

Re: Incandescent Lamp production discontined, Righi Licht AG Switzerland closes down « Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 08:26:51 AM » Author: monkeyface
But Switzerland is not EU! However they did adopt the regulation.
dor123

View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Incandescent Lamp production discontined, Righi Licht AG Switzerland closes down « Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 09:45:27 AM » Author: dor123
I didn't know that Switzerland isn't part of Europe.

I"m don't speak english well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the European date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I hope that LED won't replace all forms of other light

monkeyface

View Gallery

Re: Incandescent Lamp production discontined, Righi Licht AG Switzerland closes down « Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 12:10:02 PM » Author: monkeyface
It is in Europe but the country does not belongs to the community.
MissRiaElaine

View Gallery

ATL
Re: Incandescent Lamp production discontined, Righi Licht AG Switzerland closes down « Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 12:33:24 PM » Author: MissRiaElaine
It is in Europe but the country does not belongs to the community.
And soon we will not either, can't come too soon for me. Oh dear getting political, I'd better shut up  Undecided

So sad this is happening, they made wonderful lamps, I'm glad you sent me some, Michael  Smiley
Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines