Author Topic: General Electric M400R2 (top housing only; 2nd attempt)  (Read 4236 times)
tpirman1982

View Posts
View Gallery

Westinghouse OV25 Silverliners are classical!

david.frangioso
General Electric M400R2 (top housing only; 2nd attempt) « on: August 22, 2008, 10:24:42 PM » Author: tpirman1982
One more time, from the top....

Since I already have a refractor door of a General Electric M400R2 that I found and picked up off the ground on Sunday, June 1, 2008, and the glass lens for it that was picked up off the ground on March 6, 2008,
I'm looking for the top housing of one? (2nd example for full profile) If anybody's got one, please email me @ vze3b354@verizon.net or pm me.

My street light gallery is located at
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/tpirman1982/index.html

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: General Electric M400R2 (top housing only; 2nd attempt) « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 08:59:42 AM » Author: FGS
Try going around the streets untill you find an utility crew working on a light or pole. Ask them if they have the fixture. If not ask whether there is an utility yard where all the streetlights goes when they go bad (Or simply headed there cuz they're merc) and where that said utility yard is located at.

It look like this. A place we all want to visit.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

tpirman1982

View Posts
View Gallery

david.frangioso
Re: General Electric M400R2 (top housing only; 2nd attempt) « Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 03:45:23 PM » Author: tpirman1982
I dunno.
Would I have to explain to them that I represent this site or what?

Try going around the streets untill you find an utility crew working on a light or pole. Ask them if they have the fixture. If not ask whether there is an utility yard where all the streetlights goes when they go bad (Or simply headed there cuz they're merc) and where that said utility yard is located at.

gmercury2000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: General Electric M400R2 (top housing only; 2nd attempt) « Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 04:47:57 PM » Author: gmercury2000
What I used to do when I would see a lineman is tell him that I collect lights and ask if they had any old lights or anything and sometimes you may get lucky. You dont have to tell them you are a part of this group but you may want to carry a few photos of your collection as proof.
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: General Electric M400R2 (top housing only; 2nd attempt) « Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 07:21:29 PM » Author: FGS
I have asked one of the lineman for old lamps and he said he can't give them out, have to recycle and he was suspicious as to what I might want the old spent lamps for. I showed a pic of my collection. BIG change. He become more friendlier and I got two mercury lamps and they're still good.

tpirman1982

View Posts
View Gallery

david.frangioso
Re: General Electric M400R2 (top housing only; 2nd attempt) « Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 10:01:26 PM » Author: tpirman1982
So, just show pics of the collection to prove that I'm an enthusiast/collector?
I'll try next time I pass the facility. But if it doesn't work out, I hope someone here might have an extra one in their collections. Let's hope for the best.

I have asked one of the lineman for old lamps and he said he can't give them out, have to recycle and he was suspicious as to what I might want the old spent lamps for. I showed a pic of my collection. BIG change. He become more friendlier and I got two mercury lamps and they're still good.

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: General Electric M400R2 (top housing only; 2nd attempt) « Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 10:48:30 PM » Author: FGS
Their HQ won't be easy since you won't see the linemen themselves but the security who won't let you see them. (I tried it myself posing as as student asking ?s about the linemen's career for school. The ?s is real since I am curious about them.) Try catching them on the field (if they aren't too busy like waiting for another lineman for a part or something) under a fixture or arm (no fixture since they took it down for repair/replacement).

tpirman1982

View Posts
View Gallery

david.frangioso
Re: General Electric M400R2 (top housing only; 2nd attempt) « Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 04:44:11 PM » Author: tpirman1982
Well, it appears that option 1, talking to a street light utility worker has failed.
I did try to talk to a utility worker who works with street lights.
I told him I was looking for the top housing of a General Electric M400R2
and he told me that he can't give it to me or he'd be in trouble.
Option one is now eliminated from further play.
I told the worker I'd look on eBay or look for one on the ground or whatever and he said that was a good idea.
So obviously, there's only 3 other options that are still in play:
Option 2: Find one on the ground that may have been knocked off by a car that struck the pole.
As long as the top housing of said luminaire does not take any damage on impact. Not an easy task.
Option 3: If any go up on eBay, I will try to bid on it and hope that I win it. As long it's a low, affordable price. Not an easy task either
Option 4: If anyone here on Lighting-Gallery.net has one they're willing to send me, contact me immediately via my email address or PM me. Your help is highly appreciated.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 11:47:27 PM by tpirman1982 » Logged

KEDER

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: General Electric M400R2 (top housing only; 2nd attempt) « Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 03:02:19 PM » Author: KEDER
I read this topic, and you have a door to a mercury vapor 400 watt m400 r2? so check on ebay. cause ebay was my luck to get one. i Got a high pressure sodium 400 watt M400 R2. and it actually works! I lit it up. Just has an old lamp plug, (i did pout a wire switch on it) Ill put the picture of it lit up on a gallery i am going to make. well a long time ago, on my imac, (I'm now using a dell inspiron 1525 with vista xD) I made a little site, that never got put on the internet. it has tons of pictures that i took of the lights here in Denver, CO and around.. but i haven't done anything with it for a while. I might not keepo the site, but i will keep the pictures and maybe do a gallery here. But back to the topic. Im not giving the top housing of my light away, (i did draw al over it... with permanent marker...) And i have the whole light. the only thing missing was the photocontrol. but i got one at wal-mart... All i did to make it light up was conect the 2 loose wires to the light, and plug it in. then it lit up. but i did have some trouble. it was wired wrong, but my dad figiured it put and now it works. Okay, i know this is an old topic, but i just want to say what i have and tell you how you can find one, if your still looking since its an old topic. Well hope this helps! =)
tpirman1982

View Posts
View Gallery

david.frangioso
Re: General Electric M400R2 (top housing only; 2nd attempt) « Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 09:52:20 PM » Author: tpirman1982
Uh, actually, !KEDER,
gmercury2000 answered months ago, but he's been so busy, he hasn't had much of a chance to take action on his side yet. I hope he does soon, though.

I read this topic, and you have a door to a mercury vapor 400 watt m400 r2? so check on ebay. cause ebay was my luck to get one. i Got a high pressure sodium 400 watt M400 R2. and it actually works! I lit it up. Just has an old lamp plug, (i did pout a wire switch on it) Ill put the picture of it lit up on a gallery i am going to make. well a long time ago, on my imac, (I'm now using a dell inspiron 1525 with vista xD) I made a little site, that never got put on the internet. it has tons of pictures that i took of the lights here in Denver, CO and around.. but i haven't done anything with it for a while. I might not keepo the site, but i will keep the pictures and maybe do a gallery here. But back to the topic. Im not giving the top housing of my light away, (i did draw al over it... with permanent marker...) And i have the whole light. the only thing missing was the photocontrol. but i got one at wal-mart... All i did to make it light up was conect the 2 loose wires to the light, and plug it in. then it lit up. but i did have some trouble. it was wired wrong, but my dad figiured it put and now it works. Okay, i know this is an old topic, but i just want to say what i have and tell you how you can find one, if your still looking since its an old topic. Well hope this helps! =)

KEDER

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: General Electric M400R2 (top housing only; 2nd attempt) « Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 11:11:30 PM » Author: KEDER
Yeah i thought so. I knew this was an old topic, so i thought you might of got it or had someone answer. You didnt get it yet? but someone has it and your waiting for there reply? well congrats on finding one if yo are!
tpirman1982

View Posts
View Gallery

david.frangioso
Re: General Electric M400R2 (top housing only; 2nd attempt) « Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 07:15:31 AM » Author: tpirman1982
No. Nobody answered in the first version of this topic.
And like I said, gmercury2000 has been extremely busy these days,
he hasn't taken any action on his side to send me what I asked for yet.
But we must be patient.

Yeah i thought so. I knew this was an old topic, so i thought you might of got it or had someone answer. You didnt get it yet? but someone has it and your waiting for there reply? well congrats on finding one if yo are!

tpirman1982

View Posts
View Gallery

david.frangioso
Re: General Electric M400R2 (top housing only; 2nd attempt) « Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 05:12:34 PM » Author: tpirman1982
At last, got one on the way!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220588999725&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
But could anyone provide me a semicutoff reflector instead of the full cutoff reflector that is in there.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies