Author Topic: INANHOE THE MILLER CO. MERIDEN,CONN USA double tube reflector  (Read 881 times)
rom1

View Gallery

INANHOE THE MILLER CO. MERIDEN,CONN USA double tube reflector « on: December 05, 2018, 10:04:51 AM » Author: rom1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/FLUORESCENT-LIGHTING-FIXTURE-INDUSTRIAL-STEAMPUNK-ART-DECO-USA-VINTAGE/323584037069?hash=item4b571c90cd:g:5QIAAOSwFlJcB9yB:rk:3:pf:0#shId

Never sell the bear's skin before one has killed the beast

vintagefluorescent

View Gallery

Re: INANHOE THE MILLER CO. MERIDEN,CONN USA double tube reflector « Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 05:34:14 PM » Author: vintagefluorescent
Rom1

Thanks for posting - Although Iím not 100 percent sure,
This may be a late 1930s fixture - Judging by his pictures And the cloth lead wires- I donít see any starters anywhere 👍🤞keep my fingers crossed
rom1

View Gallery

Re: INANHOE THE MILLER CO. MERIDEN,CONN USA double tube reflector « Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 04:04:47 PM » Author: rom1
congratulations!!  I hope that he still have his tulamp ballast  Wink
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 04:25:03 PM by rom1 » Logged

vintagefluorescent

View Gallery

Re: INANHOE THE MILLER CO. MERIDEN,CONN USA double tube reflector « Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 05:37:30 PM » Author: vintagefluorescent
I canít read the ads - But it looks to old to be a rapid start,
Either that or starter sockets could be on the other side of the fixture,

I donít know - Probly shouldnít have bought it - Live and learn lol!!!
wide-lite 1000

View Gallery

Re: INANHOE THE MILLER CO. MERIDEN,CONN USA double tube reflector « Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 07:30:44 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
the old adds are dated april 1, 1941, it says it has a "separately mounted starter switch" I would assume this fixture is for 2- 20 watt lamps? looks very cool , I think you'll like it when it arrives!
vintagefluorescent

View Gallery

Re: INANHOE THE MILLER CO. MERIDEN,CONN USA double tube reflector « Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 10:48:19 PM » Author: vintagefluorescent
Wide-Lite 1000

Itís in transit - Thank You for Youíre help !!!
vintagefluorescent

View Gallery

Re: INANHOE THE MILLER CO. MERIDEN,CONN USA double tube reflector « Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 05:52:52 PM » Author: vintagefluorescent
Wide-Lite 1000
You were right, It came , I opened it up and sure enough
It has what appears to be the late 1930s ballasts with built in starting devices , This fixture must have Ben in production
Before the add came out - Because to the best of my knowledge
I was under the impression that all preheat fluorescent lighting
By 1941 employed the external replaceable starters,

This fluorescent fixture appears to have had a colorful life meaning just about every guy that worked under it has over the Years signed there names all over it,

I need to get pictures posted soon ,

Rom1 and Wide-Lite 1000 Thank You 2 for all Youíre help ,

Roger
rom1

View Gallery

Re: INANHOE THE MILLER CO. MERIDEN,CONN USA double tube reflector « Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 04:39:03 PM » Author: rom1
cool !! it is a ballast with integrated magnetic preheating !!!it's a very good deal then  Shocked

vintagefluorescent

View Gallery

Re: INANHOE THE MILLER CO. MERIDEN,CONN USA double tube reflector « Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 06:23:26 PM » Author: vintagefluorescent
Rom1

The ballast You have pictured looks the same as whatís
In the fixture- Good Guess 👍
There are 2 of them ,
The seller did not pack this light well - But it survived!!!
rom1

View Gallery

Re: INANHOE THE MILLER CO. MERIDEN,CONN USA double tube reflector « Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 06:46:41 PM » Author: rom1
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/143047259996?ViewItem=&item=143047259996 it's disappointing these ebay seller who does not respect anything ! I received this shelby light bulb this morning bought very expensive the filament is broken at the base !! in spite of my advice, for the packaging
the seller did not do double packing, and used a very small carton for shipping  Angry

vintagefluorescent

View Gallery

Re: INANHOE THE MILLER CO. MERIDEN,CONN USA double tube reflector « Reply #10 on: December 19, 2018, 08:21:56 PM » Author: vintagefluorescent
I know how You feel, - Before leaving negative feedback, See if You can work something out with the seller to Youíre satisfaction
E-Bay sellers as You know hate negative feedback and usually
Will work something out with You to avoid that bad feedback,

Try working something out , because once You leave the negative feedback , All bets are off for You trying to get something  worked out in Youre favor ,

The reason I say this is You might get to keep the bulb and get Youre money refunded as not many collectors are going to want a light bulb with a broken filament ,

I feel Youíre pain though as thereís no room for incompetence:(

I hope this helps ,
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 01:21:46 PM by vintagefluorescent » Logged
rom1

View Gallery

Re: INANHOE THE MILLER CO. MERIDEN,CONN USA double tube reflector « Reply #11 on: December 20, 2018, 11:59:47 AM » Author: rom1
thanks vintagefluorescent !I sent the photos to the seller and he reimbursed me !! I do not know yet if I can keep the  bulb even if it is now unusable ! the shelby 32 CP ( candle power) light bulbs are ultra rare it was the second I saw on ebay since 10 years

vintagefluorescent

View Gallery

Re: INANHOE THE MILLER CO. MERIDEN,CONN USA double tube reflector « Reply #12 on: December 20, 2018, 01:18:04 PM » Author: vintagefluorescent
I have a strong gut feeling You will come across another one with filament intact,

But, If You can Try to keep this little guy , It deserves a good home.

Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines