Author Topic: Greetings from New York  (Read 1473 times)
grimer

View Gallery

Greetings from New York « on: December 08, 2018, 04:43:46 PM » Author: grimer
Hello all . I have always been interested in electrical/mechanical devices of all types.Cars ,engines,radio's tv's fans motors,etc.Was not familiar with fluorescent lighting until moving into a huge old house in NY when I was 10.
The house was one of many "servants quarters" for a huge estate built in the 1920's.In ww2 all the property and structures were used by the U.S. Navy for various uses.After the war the houses were abandoned for 20+ years until a family of hippies bought our house from the county for pennies on the dollar,eventually selling it to my father in 76.
The point of this long story...The entire house was re fitted with fluorescent lighting,the garages and basement had rows of fixtures with U.S.N stenciled on them,the kitchen had the circular fixtures,and there were all types of desk lamps everywhere.I remember  one fixture did not light up,and my father said"it needs a starter" Uhh,needs a what? A device other than a bulb to turn on a light?
Then of course,I watched "EraserHead" in the early 80's,and like everyone else,I thought that lamp was custom made for the movie,until the internet came to be.
My collection is quite small at this time,I have had all different fixtures come and go over the years.
I do have Incandescent/circular fluorescent floor lamp,and just finished a Homemade "EraserHead" lamp.

Pat (grimer)  
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 04:47:13 PM by grimer » Logged
Cole D.

View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Greetings from New York « Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 09:56:50 PM » Author: Cole D.
Welcome! I like fans too.
rjluna2

View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Greetings from New York « Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 06:22:47 AM » Author: rjluna2
Welcome aboard, Pat Smiley
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 06:24:30 AM by rjluna2 » Logged

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

wide-lite 1000

View Gallery

Re: Greetings from New York « Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 04:34:02 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Welcome to LG !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines