Author Topic: Have you been hanging Christmas lights the wrong way?  (Read 1919 times)
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Have you been hanging Christmas lights the wrong way? « on: December 07, 2018, 12:03:48 PM » Author: rjluna2
Read this article about Have you been hanging Christmas lights the wrong way? Interior design expert says you should string them vertically

Which way do you think is better?

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Have you been hanging Christmas lights the wrong way? « Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 06:25:46 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Neither is correct .lol.

The proper way to do it is to go out & in on each branch. (can post a pic if needed)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Have you been hanging Christmas lights the wrong way? « Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 10:19:10 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
up and down looks stupid! , either side to side or like xmas light guy said, in and out

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Have you been hanging Christmas lights the wrong way? « Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 11:48:12 PM » Author: Medved
Do you like it vertically? Then hanging it so is the correct way.
You are liking it horizontally, then that way is the correct one for you.
Do you preffer zig zag? Then that way is the correct one in your case.
Period.

I'm really sick of all tgese "advisors" and "home architects", who always babble how bad it is what hvae you organized something in your home.
You are living there, they are not.

No more selfballasted c***

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Have you been hanging Christmas lights the wrong way? « Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 01:18:47 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Thinking about it, I do have 2 trees that I go vertical on...but they're tall & narrow (7-feet, tall & maybe 18-inches wide), trees like that the vertical thing works quite well on. (I've also done in & out on those too, which works fine as well (& ofcourse looks even better, but is is find of pain to do on those & takes more lights))

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Have you been hanging Christmas lights the wrong way? « Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 05:57:41 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Sorry, Medved ! and I agree with you that the "experts" typically don't have any idea what their talking about with their "advice" the up + down comment was just my opinion , nothing more> BTW , my neighbor HATES the fact that some of my x-mas lights blink and personally I DON'T CARE!.

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Have you been hanging Christmas lights the wrong way? « Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 12:06:58 AM » Author: Medved
Sorry, Medved !

Don't worry, I'm not getting offended that easilly, you would have to put way more effort into that... :-)
 It was just my oppinion about all those "home architects" and similar, who are always mumbling how your room have to be "clean" without any cabinets and so on. I woul like to see, how thy would live in their creations with their families, it would be quite funny, I guess...

...my neighbor HATES the fact that some of my x-mas lights blink and personally I DON'T CARE!.

Well, there is just one occassion when it would be better if you back up: If the light from your decoration is shining into their home. Because that is quite a disturbance so it is better to agree with them on how it is still acceptable.

But I don't know what light you are talking about (if it is just a christmass tree in your living room or your whole house and garden lighting into the sky), so dunno if that is the case or not...

No more selfballasted c***

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: Have you been hanging Christmas lights the wrong way? « Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 12:52:04 PM » Author: nogden
Remember the midget light boxes that had the little tree pictures on the back with suggestions on how to string the lights on different shaped trees? I'd post a photo but I don't think I saved any of those boxes.

With midget lights, I am VERY MUCH a fan of wrapping them around each individual branch when the tree has distinct branches. This looks neat, especially on the "sparcer" (less dense) trees (like you might find if you cut down a tree that was never pruned). I've even done this with C7s and C9s on small maple trees. This is a technique that seems to be overlooked quite often. I respect someone that takes the time to hang lights this way.

Of course, this all depends on the type/shape of the tree and what the designer prefers!
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies