Author Topic: LED disease stopped in its tracks  (Read 4646 times)
hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

LED disease stopped in its tracks « on: December 16, 2018, 04:10:39 PM » Author: hannahs lights
Just recently they built a new shopping developed near me I thought it probably would have the dreaded LEDs for lighting but no pleasantly they've got real flouro lamps not sure if they are HF or proper ballast but its nice to see  some proper lights installed
working.man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED disease stopped in its tracks « Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 07:07:52 PM » Author: working.man
For what's it's worth, I have been hearing that in a few years or so all the fluorescent, MV, HPS etc will stop being made. All lightning is going to LED and newer versions of lightning systems. 
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED disease stopped in its tracks « Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 09:43:41 PM » Author: wattMaster
I've been hearing more about how people don't like the outdoor LEDs. Just a few days ago, I saw some people talking about how the streetlights were glaring in their eyes.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: LED disease stopped in its tracks « Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 11:04:46 PM » Author: Cole D.
For what's it's worth, I have been hearing that in a few years or so all the fluorescent, MV, HPS etc will stop being made. All lightning is going to LED and newer versions of lightning systems. 

Unfortunately, that could be true. I don't know why everything is being abandoned for LED. It wasn't like that with previous light sources. :(

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: LED disease stopped in its tracks « Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 05:47:41 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Unfortunately, that could be true. I don't know why everything is being abandoned for LED. It wasn't like that with previous light sources. :(

I feel like the economics involved in Such a decision would be negative. I sense false news.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

working.man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED disease stopped in its tracks « Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 08:29:15 PM » Author: working.man
I will be doing electrical side work this weekend and will most likely be working on wall packs. I will be retrofitting the bad ballasts by completely removing them and wiring the lamp socket to line voltage. See link to the LED bulb that is similar to what I will be installing.

https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/175025/GREENCREATIVE-57949.html

BlueHalide

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED disease stopped in its tracks « Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 10:16:30 PM » Author: BlueHalide
Youre really going to ruin a wall pack with that corn cob LED junk? You do realize that over 50% of the light will be wasted, those LED retrofit lamps are so large that either you will have to remove the reflector or the lamp will be right against it, plus it just looks lazy.
working.man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED disease stopped in its tracks « Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 11:43:25 PM » Author: working.man
Youre really going to ruin a wall pack with that corn cob LED junk? You do realize that over 50% of the light will be wasted, those LED retrofit lamps are so large that either you will have to remove the reflector or the lamp will be right against it, plus it just looks lazy.

First of all I did NOT ruin a good wall pack. The LED I installed easily fit into the housing and the reflector is still there. The new LED is just as brite if not brighter than the original 175 MH lamp. As for being lazy, I am doing what the owner of the wallpacks (shopping center) are directing me to do regarding converting it to a LED. The owner/managing company of this and many other properties who manage multiple properties and millions of square footage of commercial and retail real estate. So the reality is that LED lighting saves BIG money in power consumption and reducing the load on the power grid. If this was not a verifiable fact, the people who pay us would not direct us to install LED lighting and simply have the regular old ballasts and lamps.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: LED disease stopped in its tracks « Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 04:38:55 AM » Author: dor123
First of all I did NOT ruin a good wall pack. The LED I installed easily fit into the housing and the reflector is still there. The new LED is just as brite if not brighter than the original 175 MH lamp. As for being lazy, I am doing what the owner of the wallpacks (shopping center) are directing me to do regarding converting it to a LED. The owner/managing company of this and many other properties who manage multiple properties and millions of square footage of commercial and retail real estate. So the reality is that LED lighting saves BIG money in power consumption and reducing the load on the power grid. If this was not a verifiable fact, the people who pay us would not direct us to install LED lighting and simply have the regular old ballasts and lamps.

Switch to LED, this is what you get after a year or so:
https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-155772

In most roads that their streetlights were converted to LED at lower wattage than the originals, energy saving was realized by lower lumens and luxes on the road, and high level of glare.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED disease stopped in its tracks « Reply #9 on: February 03, 2019, 08:22:06 AM » Author: High Intensity
FYI, A lot of those bulbs only output between 40% to about 70% of the light output of the HID their replacing (depending on the LED bulb your getting and the wattage of the HID being replaced).
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED disease stopped in its tracks « Reply #10 on: February 03, 2019, 09:03:10 AM » Author: wattMaster

Ouch...

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

working.man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED disease stopped in its tracks « Reply #11 on: February 03, 2019, 11:09:14 AM » Author: working.man
I never said that LED's last forever. The ones we install last way, way, way, longer than a year and are just as bright if not brighter than what we replaced. If you use cheap materials you get the results that is documented in your video
Also, I dispute that you have to use LED's with less lumens to save on energy. I can prove that fact by amping out the load at the electrical panel by taking a reading with MH etc. and then amping out the same circuit after LED'S are installed.  The person who was directing the streetlight lightning was only concerned with money. Honestly I couldn't care less what we are directed to install, if the people that pay us want to go back to MH,HPS, etc. that's just fine with me because I get get PAID WELL either way. As for calling LED a "disease" I just don't see it. I have LEDs in my home and I did see a decrease in my monthly power bill and the lumens/brightness is just fine.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: LED disease stopped in its tracks « Reply #12 on: February 03, 2019, 11:23:52 AM » Author: dor123
Please See here and here .

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

working.man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED disease stopped in its tracks « Reply #13 on: February 03, 2019, 11:55:07 AM » Author: working.man
The project managers  who were in charge of the retrofits documented in your pictures did not use the correct LED lighting for the applications. Maybe someone was only looking at the cost/bottom line?
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED disease stopped in its tracks « Reply #14 on: February 03, 2019, 12:11:12 PM » Author: High Intensity
If you want an LED fixture, you're better off buying a brand new LED fixture versus retrofitting a preexisting HID fixture, just my opinion.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies