Author Topic: Do you collect other things besides lighting??  (Read 1294 times)
fluorescent lover 40

View Gallery

Lights are awesome! :)

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #30 on: April 04, 2019, 05:22:03 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I have a few road things too like signs and reflectors. I started collecting reflectors before I started with lighting, so I have hundreds of them. I still pick some up every now and then. The best time to get road signs is after tropical storms and hurricanes when they’re all blown away!  Grin

Street lights and street light arms too. Wink

-Date decoder of most US lamps 1960-present.

-Collects all types of lights.

I'll save any vintage lamp... dead or alive! Smiley

mefurd98

View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #31 on: April 05, 2019, 01:10:33 AM » Author: mefurd98
Street lights and street light arms too. Wink

Very true!  Grin
Cole D.

View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #32 on: April 13, 2019, 08:04:01 AM » Author: Cole D.
I like street/roadway signs and reflectors too. When they repaved the road outside of my street, they had the old stop sign and street signs lying on the ground. I would have liked to have one of the street signs, but I didn't want to just take one. Plus I didn't know if they were getting new ones.

But they did replace them. The signs seem to keep getting taller and bigger when they replace them. Plus they used heavy duty reinforced stop signs for the new ones.

I like old roadway signs a lot but there aren't any around here, they keep replacing them.  Tongue
joseph_125

View Gallery

GoL
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #33 on: April 14, 2019, 06:25:57 PM » Author: joseph_125
I have a small collection of road signs and traffic signals. Most of the my road signs are newer ones but I do have some vintage ones with the MTO modified FHWA font thats from the 80s or earlier. Traffic signals are mostly older ones, my oldest one is from the 30s and most of my other ones were made before 1980. I actually have one from the mid 90s that I retrofitted to LED just to have a more modern signal in the collection lol.   Would be nice to see them still in use on a roadway but I guess collecting them is the next best thing.

Also have a couple of older silver faced stereo recievers and turntables but I don't really collect those.
Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines