Author Topic: Do you collect other things besides lighting??  (Read 33887 times)
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #30 on: April 04, 2019, 07:22:03 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I have a few road things too like signs and reflectors. I started collecting reflectors before I started with lighting, so I have hundreds of them. I still pick some up every now and then. The best time to get road signs is after tropical storms and hurricanes when they’re all blown away!  ;D

Street lights and street light arms too. ;)
mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #31 on: April 05, 2019, 03:10:33 AM » Author: mefurd98
Street lights and street light arms too. ;)

Very true!  ;D
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #32 on: April 13, 2019, 10:04:01 AM » Author: Cole D.
I like street/roadway signs and reflectors too. When they repaved the road outside of my street, they had the old stop sign and street signs lying on the ground. I would have liked to have one of the street signs, but I didn't want to just take one. Plus I didn't know if they were getting new ones.

But they did replace them. The signs seem to keep getting taller and bigger when they replace them. Plus they used heavy duty reinforced stop signs for the new ones.

I like old roadway signs a lot but there aren't any around here, they keep replacing them.  :P

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #33 on: April 14, 2019, 08:25:57 PM » Author: joseph_125
I have a small collection of road signs and traffic signals. Most of the my road signs are newer ones but I do have some vintage ones with the MTO modified FHWA font thats from the 80s or earlier. Traffic signals are mostly older ones, my oldest one is from the 30s and most of my other ones were made before 1980. I actually have one from the mid 90s that I retrofitted to LED just to have a more modern signal in the collection lol.   Would be nice to see them still in use on a roadway but I guess collecting them is the next best thing.

Also have a couple of older silver faced stereo recievers and turntables but I don't really collect those.
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #34 on: April 28, 2019, 07:33:49 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
I collect light switches in addition to lighting. I mainly collect lighting, but I've been collecting light switches longer.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #35 on: April 28, 2019, 09:40:24 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I collect light switches in addition to lighting. I mainly collect lighting, but I've been collecting light switches longer.

I've shown interest in collecting light switches in the past before I started to collect lighting but haven't done much.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #36 on: June 24, 2019, 11:00:54 PM » Author: Binarix128
I collect plants, clables, adapters, chemical products and old coins.  ;D
LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #37 on: June 28, 2019, 01:57:43 AM » Author: LightsDelight
I collect old TVs and radios as well as some vintage electrical products

Keep discharge lighting alive

A2ZAlarms

View Posts
View Gallery

UCn-UWLJRLZh8NA46vkc1jSQ A2Z Alarms
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #38 on: August 03, 2019, 08:41:33 AM » Author: A2ZAlarms
I collect lighting, fire alarms and extinguishers, stereo equipment, electrical hardware.
I keep all of the light fixtures installed around my barn as well as a fire alarm and paging system. All of the light switches are new old stock.

I don't dislike High quality led lamps, but vintage usually wins.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #39 on: September 16, 2019, 10:21:47 PM » Author: CEB1993
I collect autographed photos and enlargements. So far, I have 5 autographed photos. Attached are the four autographs I have on display right now.  I always get them framed and adjust the lighting to highlight these special displays.

Smylie Kaufman is a young pro golfer about my age who was in the Masters in 2016.  He is from Birmingham, Alabama. Tom Kenny is the voice actor of Spongebob and Heffer in my favorite classic cartoon, Rocko’s Modern Life. Tom Kenny has voiced 100+ familiar cartoon characters throughout the 1990’s and 2000’s. Chris Lilley is an Australian actor with several comedy shows featured on HBO.  He has a talent for playing multiple characters within one show. Guy Harvey is a painter and environmentalist with a famous series of fish and wildlife paintings. His paintings are featured on many T-shirts and proceeds benefit local environmental causes.

Top left: Smylie Kaufman (Pro golfer)

Top right: Tom Kenny (Cartoonist and voice actor)

Bottom left: Chris Lilley (Australian actor and comedian)

Bottom right: Guy Harvey: (Artist and environmentalist)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 10:29:40 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #40 on: September 17, 2019, 08:33:55 AM » Author: suzukir122
Yoooo Rockos Modern Life??? @CEB1993, that had to have been amazing getting to meet a legendary voice
actor. That was one of my favorite cartoons of all time as well. Very, very funny and creative show!

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #41 on: September 17, 2019, 04:51:48 PM » Author: CEB1993
Yoooo Rockos Modern Life??? @CEB1993, that had to have been amazing getting to meet a legendary voice
actor. That was one of my favorite cartoons of all time as well. Very, very funny and creative show!

I've always loved this cartoon!  I did not meet Tom Kenny in person, though I find that eBay is a great place to find autographs.  I got my Tom Kenny autograph for my birthday earlier this month  ;)

Rocko's Modern Life is my age, debuting in 1993.  The show has fun, wacky animation and excellent writing and jokes that appeal to both kids and adults.  There are quite a few innuendos and subtle dirty jokes that flew over my head as a kid.  Tom Kenny voiced Rocko's friend, Heffer and several other background characters. 

The 2019 reboot, Static Cling was pretty good, too.  It was amazingly true to the original animation style, though the storyline for the 45 minute episode was a little rushed.  There was a lot of funny satire regarding 1990's characters suddenly being dumped into the 21st century and being surrounded by iPhones, Starbucks everywhere, and a few other contemporary events that were not a big deal in the mid 90's.  It's on Netflix.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #42 on: September 17, 2019, 06:06:36 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
I've always loved this cartoon!  I did not meet Tom Kenny in person, though I find that eBay is a great place to find autographs.  I got my Tom Kenny autograph for my birthday earlier this month  ;)

Rocko's Modern Life is my age, debuting in 1993.  The show has fun, wacky animation and excellent writing and jokes that appeal to both kids and adults.  There are quite a few innuendos and subtle dirty jokes that flew over my head as a kid.  Tom Kenny voiced Rocko's friend, Heffer and several other background characters. 

The 2019 reboot, Static Cling was pretty good, too.  It was amazingly true to the original animation style, though the storyline for the 45 minute episode was a little rushed.  There was a lot of funny satire regarding 1990's characters suddenly being dumped into the 21st century and being surrounded by iPhones, Starbucks everywhere, and a few other contemporary events that were not a big deal in the mid 90's.  It's on Netflix.

I miss all of the shows I watched as a kid. Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Rocket Power, Jimmy Neutron, etc. Today's kids shows don't seem to be the same.
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #43 on: September 17, 2019, 10:33:20 PM » Author: CEB1993
Here's my autographed photo print of the Mama's Family cast.  Mama's family is a comedy sitcom that was a spinoff of the Carol Burnett show.  Many great comedians showed up in this show including Carol Burnett and Harvey Korman.  It's a slapstick, feel-good comedy with hilarious and well-developed characters that ran from 1983-1990 (Same era as those rare GE metal halide Miser Maxilights and the red etch GE Miser incandescents).  I enjoy collecting autographs from actors in TV shows, movies, and cartoons that I watch frequently for good laughs and amazing storylines  ;D  I admit, I am partial to older sitcoms from the 1980's and 1990's.

This print contains an autograph from Vicki Lawrence, Dorothy Lyman, Ken Berry, Beverly Archer, and Allan Kayser.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 10:39:11 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #44 on: September 18, 2019, 01:24:56 AM » Author: suzukir122
I remember Static Cling from Rockos Modern Life being mentioned, but I never got to watch it... only the preview.
Seemed original to the original show, but also seemed a tad bit off. Were all the original voice actors
in it? And I don't think I've ever seen Mama's Family before... but maybe I will be familiar with it if I find it
on YouTube... that's easy. haha
I'm in the process of moving out of my apartment finally... so once that's done, I can work on collecting more things
non lighting related, and posting about it here. Obviously lighting related things will also be ramping up for me as well though. :)

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies