Author Topic: Do you collect other things besides lighting??  (Read 33899 times)
Meme Pods

View Posts
View Gallery

A nice daylight CFL

UCKBWkfqE5WPMlFZmssITqPQ
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #90 on: June 12, 2020, 08:34:26 PM » Author: Meme Pods
Yes I collect electronics to

Down with the halogen bulbs

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #91 on: June 13, 2020, 09:42:58 AM » Author: Bulbman256
I have a small collection of coins. (nothing special) Some old computer parts and some lighting adapters and plugs. I do have a nema 10-50r i got a few month back. (long story about that one) and a bunch of cords that i made or got.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #92 on: June 13, 2020, 09:49:23 AM » Author: Rommie
We seem to collect all sorts of stuff, if there's an empty flat surface, it doesn't stay empty for long  ::)

Oh and there always seems to be quite a lot of dust  :lol:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #93 on: June 13, 2020, 12:25:49 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I collect:

- Lighting (Fixtures, lamps gear etc.)
- Electronics
- Computers (not as much anymore)
- Small Televisions (Usually portable)
- Classic vintage fans
- Audio Equipment lime amps speakers
- Intercom systems (Speakers, main amp, telecom adaptors etc)

Administrator #5

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #94 on: June 13, 2020, 04:01:47 PM » Author: sol
We seem to collect all sorts of stuff, if there's an empty flat surface, it doesn't stay empty for long  ::)

Unfortunately, empty flat surfaces here suffer the same fate as yours...
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #95 on: June 14, 2020, 11:25:15 AM » Author: Binarix128
Now I'm starting to collect old electrical installations elements of the knob-and-tube era, but I mainly like insulators. I'll pick everything as long as they are not made of asbestos.
LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #96 on: July 21, 2020, 09:15:58 AM » Author: LightsDelight
I may've said it before but they have slightly changed.
I collect old radios and TVs
Test equipment
Streetlights
Fluorescent lights
Vintage electrical equipment: Switches, Powerpoints, metering and other items
Telephones
Alarm system
Vintage computers
Old video games

That about does it for what I collect

Keep discharge lighting alive

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #97 on: July 21, 2020, 04:25:58 PM » Author: Ash
I had interest in sprinklers and irrigation accessories as kid
WigWag
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #98 on: October 18, 2020, 09:39:48 PM » Author: WigWag
Do you strictly collect lighting or do you collect other things as well? For me it would be lighting, video games, retail related stuff, and fire extinguishers. My largest collections would definitely be lighting and video games, and I've been collecting the lighting the longest.

I don't know if it counts but I collect tattoos. I have several pieces I prize and plan to get more, one of which is in progress
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #99 on: October 18, 2020, 11:44:41 PM » Author: Bulbman256

Oh and there always seems to be quite a lot of dust  :lol:

Well if its flat, just make it into a slope so your precious lamps and other valuables slide right off making it collector foolproof! :lol: :lol:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #100 on: November 03, 2020, 06:45:12 PM » Author: Rommie
I don't know if it counts but I collect tattoos. I have several pieces I prize and plan to get more, one of which is in progress
I never could understand tattoos, whatever your pleasure is, I suppose, but there's no way I'd ever have one  @-@

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #101 on: November 03, 2020, 06:54:28 PM » Author: Binarix128
I recently started to collect magnetic tapes, tools and stuff related to analog video and TV transmissions.
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #102 on: November 03, 2020, 07:17:41 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
I recently started to collect magnetic tapes, tools and stuff related to analog video and TV transmissions.
That sounds cool! I have a few cassette mechanisms and tapes (so analog audio) but no VHS tapes or VCR or anything else video related.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #103 on: November 03, 2020, 08:12:51 PM » Author: Binarix128
That sounds cool! I have a few cassette mechanisms and tapes (so analog audio) but no VHS tapes or VCR or anything else video related.
I have almost two boxes full of VHS and the rest of the box is full of cassettes, I also have a couple more cassettes in another box among other things. I have two radios with cassette. One is mono and noisy, the other is an old boombox with stereo cassette recorder, but I need to repair it, but I had to buy special screwdrivers for reach the screw inside and it is very tight and I still can't take that screw, and also seems like have something shorted inside because I hear the tape mechanism motor when I plug the boombox. I also need to order new belts, at least those are cheap.

The boombox actually works, the tape is the only thing that doesn't work, the rest do. It have a very good bass and treble, and it have a three band equalizer. I use that boombox for listening to radio regularly.
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #104 on: November 03, 2020, 08:20:12 PM » Author: HPS_250
Right now I just collect lighting (lamps, gear and fixtures), but it’s possible that I will start collecting switches soon because I have some interest in them.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies