Author Topic: Christmas Blow Molds  (Read 1820 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Christmas Blow Molds « on: December 24, 2018, 09:51:50 AM » Author: Cole D.
Does anyone here collect Christmas blow molds? We have two small ones, a candle and a toy soldier. I'll try to get some pics for the gallery. Although the candle one is not in use this year. I had a look at the base and it says "Empire" and has a date of 1969. Which I guess is when the mold was made, because I'm pretty sure it was bought in 1995 or so. The toy soldier I am not sure the brand of, but it may be the same. It was probably from the late 90s or early 2000s though. The odd thing is, the toy soldier is newer but doesn't have a fused plug, whereas the candle does.

Also I always wanted one of the lamp post blow molds but never was able to find one. I think they must be an older item, because I don't see many around.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Christmas Blow Molds « Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 11:19:32 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
I don't collect them, but I do have 4:
* A Santa (I removed the original incandescent lamp as it was too dim & jammed in a F30 fluorescent mounted to a board) This one came free from a garage sale.
* A Snowman (I removed the original incandescent lamp as it was too dim & jammed in a F30 fluorescent mounted to a board) This one came free from a garage sale
* A Candle (I left the flame incandescent & stuck a F20 fluorescent in the candle part as it was un-lighted) This is the only one bought at a store...I'd always liked the candles.
* A Candy-Cane (came with a little string of 3 or 4 C7's) .. I've never used this blowmold & don't even know where it I got it from from - probably a garage or estate sale.

------------
Haven't used any of them in years now, they just lay in the garage attic .lol.
Its kind of a pain to haul them up to the roof & mount them in place. Plus with the way I do the lights I don't really have a good way to fit them in...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: Christmas Blow Molds « Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 07:42:26 PM » Author: paintballer22
I have a few of them.
1 Santa
1 Frosty the Snowman
1 Mickey and Minnie Mouse
2 Toy soldiers
2 Noel candles
1 Snoopy
1 mini Frosty
1 mini Santa

The Santa, Frosty and the Noel candles are from the 80s. The Mickey and Minnie Mouse, mini Santa and Frosty are from the late 90s. The Snoopy and toy soldiers are from the mid 2000s.
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Christmas Blow Molds « Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 10:34:48 PM » Author: takemorepills
I'm looking to add a few blow-molds to my display next year.

Looking to get:

(2) candles, about 36-48" tall
(1) Santa Claus around 36" tall.

I find them difficult to store, so that's why I'm only looking for 3 pieces.
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Christmas Blow Molds « Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 11:08:02 PM » Author: takemorepills
Just wanted to share this link, a person local to me has a huge treasure trove of blow-molds, and I hope to visit him this week because it looks like he has what I am looking for: https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/for/d/port-orchard-holiday-outdoor/6756246204.html
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Christmas Blow Molds « Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 11:42:19 PM » Author: Cole D.
Just wanted to share this link, a person local to me has a huge treasure trove of blow-molds, and I hope to visit him this week because it looks like he has what I am looking for: https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/for/d/port-orchard-holiday-outdoor/6756246204.html

Oh WOW, that's a lot of stuff. Interesting some looks vintage but some of the lights look like what they sell at Walmart these days.

I really like those peppermints, candy canes, and lampposts (especially the one with yellow clear panels and that huge acorn lamppost)! The animal ones are a favorite as well.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies