Author Topic: Why do all school buses have their lights on all time?  (Read 1450 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Why do all school buses have their lights on all time? « on: April 05, 2019, 08:47:01 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I noticed a Thomas Safe-T-Liner C2 school bus pass by, and its exterior lights are on. Do all school buses required by law to have their lights on all the time?

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Why do all school buses have their lights on all time? « Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 10:51:10 PM » Author: Cole D.
My guess is maybe they have to leave them on in your state or there's some law that requires it. I haven't noticed here, but I don't think the amber lights are on during the day. But there is that strobe light on the roof that is always on.

Like some semi trucks say on the back "we drive with our lights on for safety," maybe some buses do too.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Why do all school buses have their lights on all time? « Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 11:42:36 PM » Author: dor123
Here in Israel, all buses and trucks are required to turn their headlights on during the day all the year.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why do all school buses have their lights on all time? « Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 12:11:56 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Many vehicles including buses come from the factory with daylight running lights (DRL) enabled to meet requirements in many countries.  Canada for example.  Other companies have policies that headlights must be on when the vehicle is in operation.  Many studies have been done to confirm that driving with headlights on during the daytime has helped reduce accidents. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Why do all school buses have their lights on all time? « Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 12:35:42 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Many vehicles including buses come from the factory with daylight running lights (DRL) enabled to meet requirements in many countries.  Canada for example.  Other companies have policies that headlights must be on when the vehicle is in operation.  Many studies have been done to confirm that driving with headlights on during the daytime has helped reduce accidents. 

Hmm. Then that explains why that daytime running lights are required by regulations.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies