Author Topic: Salutations, from New York!  (Read 409 times)
Rejedt

View Gallery

Salutations, from New York! « on: January 21, 2019, 02:52:47 PM » Author: Rejedt
Hello, my name is Rejedt, and I live in New York, the lower part of the state.

I have been interested in Street Lights all my life, but mostly starting at the age of 7, when they replaced all the overhead mercury and sodium vapors in my apartment complex with some type of Acorn Lights that kind of have that typical House floodlight bulb look inside it (I think I've never seen the inside of one of them before)

I started seeing LEDs around my area in 2015, and then it started becoming common, when they decided to replace them all with LED's (I don't really like them being used as street lighting), AND just recently, they replaced virtually all of them around me. There were GE M400 fixtures serviced for decades here just now being replaced by LEDs last year in October-December 2018ish which really saddened me as they look horrible in my opinion, but it is whatever I guess.

I wish I could've collected them but I can't drive and I had school when they were replacing them secretly.

I hope to get to know all of the great people in this community as I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in my family who cares so much about things like these (lighting). I also would like to get some help on where I would go to look for poles and stuff like that to put in my backyard to mount lights like mercury vapor yard blasters and such.
wattMaster

View Gallery

Re: Salutations, from New York! « Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 03:22:35 PM » Author: wattMaster
Thanks for joining! Smiley Since you seem to not like the LEDs, also check out my website: www.streetlights.info

SLS! <click

Rejedt

View Gallery

Re: Salutations, from New York! « Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 04:20:52 PM » Author: Rejedt
I'm actually okay with LED's, so long as they are used for better "intended" purposes (cheap flashlights and radio indicators). It's just there is nothing special like them unlike HIDs
rjluna2

View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Salutations, from New York! « Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 04:34:57 PM » Author: rjluna2
Welcome aboard, Rejedt Smiley

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Rejedt

View Gallery

Re: Salutations, from New York! « Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 06:04:49 PM » Author: Rejedt
Thanks for joining! Smiley Since you seem to not like the LEDs, also check out my website: www.streetlights.info
Thanks a lot for this website! living in New York, I wouldn't be surprised to see them do something like this because it is "cheaper" "energy efficient" and "brighter" or safer..
Lumex120

View Gallery

105555521242365640724 UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg zfarmadillo
Re: Salutations, from New York! « Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 07:22:27 PM » Author: Lumex120
Welcome! If you know anyone who lives in an area that still has HPS streetlights near their house, you could ask them if they could put up a note on the nearest pole asking for whoever changes the light out to leave the old one on the doorstep of the house. I was able to get the light in front of my house this way when they replaced it about a year ago now.

Any machine is a smoke machine if you operate it wrong enough.

Rejedt

View Gallery

Re: Salutations, from New York! « Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 03:10:30 AM » Author: Rejedt
Welcome! If you know anyone who lives in an area that still has HPS streetlights near their house, you could ask them if they could put up a note on the nearest pole asking for whoever changes the light out to leave the old one on the doorstep of the house. I was able to get the light in front of my house this way when they replaced it about a year ago now.
Well I mean I'm about to move and my neighborhood has these privately owned sodium vapours, there's only 3 of them though, one in the entrance, and 2 in the cul de sacs.
wide-lite 1000

View Gallery

Re: Salutations, from New York! « Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 09:00:08 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Welcome to LG !  Mercury Vapor Lamp

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

working.man

View Gallery

Re: Salutations, from New York! « Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 07:04:09 PM » Author: working.man
This past weekend I worked on a couple of wallpacks that were 250W H.P.S. the lamps and ballasts were bad. Might go back to the location this weekend to work on a few more.
Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines