Author Topic: Two DOT highway fixtures switched with LED  (Read 1581 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Two DOT highway fixtures switched with LED « on: February 19, 2019, 09:47:42 PM » Author: Cole D.
So in my town on the highway, the section of lights for about 5 miles had been switched out for Philips LED Roadfocus Lumec about 2016 early.
Although the rest from there north, were still HPS 400W. Mostly GE M-400A2 Powr/Door, with some AEL 125 and Cooper OVX spot replacement, as well as GE M-400 in sections. With some AEL 125 spot replacements from recent.

But just about a week ago, I noticed two of the HPS lights had been switched with more Philips Roadfocus LED. So, I'm wondering on the rest of the lights, if the bulb goes EOL that they're going to start replacing with LED instead of relamping, since that's what it looks like.

Plus a section of lights on another highway near my house, had GE M-400 HPS, but a few weeks ago they got switched to AEL ATB2.

Yet Duke Energy still install AEL 115 HPS FCO for spot replacement on streets, but for private area lighting they seem to be using AEL ATB0 80 LED and have been for a while.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Two DOT highway fixtures switched with LED « Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 11:50:58 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
So in my town on the highway, the section of lights for about 5 miles had been switched out for Philips LED Roadfocus Lumec about 2016 early.
Although the rest from there north, were still HPS 400W. Mostly GE M-400A2 Powr/Door, with some AEL 125 and Cooper OVX spot replacement, as well as GE M-400 in sections. With some AEL 125 spot replacements from recent.

But just about a week ago, I noticed two of the HPS lights had been switched with more Philips Roadfocus LED. So, I'm wondering on the rest of the lights, if the bulb goes EOL that they're going to start replacing with LED instead of relamping, since that's what it looks like.

Plus a section of lights on another highway near my house, had GE M-400 HPS, but a few weeks ago they got switched to AEL ATB2.

Yet Duke Energy still install AEL 115 HPS FCO for spot replacement on streets, but for private area lighting they seem to be using AEL ATB0 80 LED and have been for a while.

Yeah, they're doing that in the Grand Parkway (Texas 99), I've now seen a couple of Greenstar Avengers which is the medium version, plus I already saw one AEL Autobahn ATBL near I45, and a Philips Lumec Roadfocus RFL near Katy, TX.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Two DOT highway fixtures switched with LED « Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 04:55:57 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
at least they went with the road focus.  One of the best LED cobraheads out there I believe.  Not as glarey as others. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Two DOT highway fixtures switched with LED « Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 09:56:34 PM » Author: Cole D.
at least they went with the road focus.  One of the best LED cobraheads out there I believe.  Not as glarey as others. 

That's true, the Philips Road Focus are very nice for LED.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Two DOT highway fixtures switched with LED « Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 08:24:15 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
That's true, the Philips Road Focus are very nice for LED.

Yep, one of the best ones out there, as far as LEDs go.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies