Author Topic: Well, Texas 242 is starting to be LEDed.  (Read 2350 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Well, Texas 242 is starting to be LEDed. « on: February 22, 2019, 08:28:23 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Today, I saw a couple of Greenstar Avenger Series LED streetlights at intersections of TX 242, which it had HPS originally. So I'm gonna wait until Tomball goes LED, or its intersections. Which they're still HPS. Also, I'm still looking out for the newspapers.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 08:32:39 PM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Well, Texas 242 is starting to be LEDed. « Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 09:19:56 AM » Author: Cole D.
When they change lights for LED, they seem to move fast. Since I've never actually seen them doing it, I just see later that they had been switched out.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Well, Texas 242 is starting to be LEDed. « Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 05:30:57 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
When they change lights for LED, they seem to move fast. Since I've never actually seen them doing it, I just see later that they had been switched out.

They're doing it aggressively, possibly. By now those OVFs and the other fixtures probably got replaced by now. :( I seen them yesterday, along with the Greenstar Avengers, but at night
 they were disconnected.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Well, Texas 242 is starting to be LEDed. « Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 07:26:15 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Caltrans (freeway department ) LED'ed most of the streetlights here in 2014. The ones in my area were replaced in 2015. They also replaced the 700w MV GE M-1000s on the I-10 in the LA last year. :( They also replaced some 1959 GE M-400 missouts with those stupid "toilet lids" ::) Now any light that works will stay, but when it burns out, it will get replaced by an LED.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Well, Texas 242 is starting to be LEDed. « Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 12:22:59 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Caltrans (freeway department ) LED'ed most of the streetlights here in 2014. The ones in my area were replaced in 2015. They also replaced the 700w MV GE M-1000s on the I-10 in the LA last year. :( They also replaced some 1959 GE M-400 missouts with those stupid "toilet lids" ::) Now any light that works will stay, but when it burns out, it will get replaced by an LED.

Yeah, same as the Grand Parkway (TX 99). Which they're spot replacing, any HID fixtures goes out, or gets damaged, they replace it with a LED fixture, instead of relamping.  ::)

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Well, Texas 242 is starting to be LEDed. « Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 01:22:15 AM » Author: High Intensity

Oddly enough, it seems that Caltrans is still maintaining the HPS, Induction, and a few MV fixtures out here, but any new fixtures installed by Caltrans are LED. But for some reason, when a bulb in one of the MV fixtures (this fixture here) failed, they appeared to have replaced the bulb with a used one.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Well, Texas 242 is starting to be LEDed. « Reply #6 on: March 02, 2019, 01:39:16 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Oddly enough, it seems that Caltrans is still maintaining the HPS, Induction, and a few MV fixtures out here, but any new fixtures installed by Caltrans are LED. But for some reason, when a bulb in one of the MV fixtures (this fixture here) failed, they appeared to have replaced the bulb with a used one.

Seems like they don't know what they're doing. There are tons of potholes on the 60, there are new LED streetlights, there are used LED streetlights installed (actual case in my area), using cheap locks on service pedestals, forgetting to put locks on on service pedestals (ones with PCs that can make the entire freeway go dark, new LED underpass lights, still maintained MV underpass lights, the list goes on and on...
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Well, Texas 242 is starting to be LEDed. « Reply #7 on: March 02, 2019, 01:54:28 AM » Author: High Intensity
Seems like they don't know what they're doing. There are tons of potholes on the 60, there are new LED streetlights, there are used LED streetlights installed (actual case in my area), using cheap locks on service pedestals, forgetting to put locks on on service pedestals (ones with PCs that can make the entire freeway go dark, new LED underpass lights, still maintained MV underpass lights, the list goes on and on...

They're also a few (Caltrans controlled) intersections out here where when it rains, the lights start cycling every few minutes like the photocell is poorly placed.

They also seem to be installing hundreds of new LED fixtures on some freeways, most of which, have not been turned on yet.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 02:06:54 AM by High Intensity » Logged
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies