Author Topic: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts  (Read 308 times)
CEB1993

View Gallery

Camden

Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « on: October 25, 2019, 08:16:08 AM » Author: CEB1993
Anyone here interested in ceiling fans or light kits used in ceiling fans?  I've always been intrigued by ceiling fans and they are a necessary part of the house in the warm climate I live in.

Below are a few fans from my grandparents' house (Please log in to view the pictures.)  A 1998 Hampton Bay with four blades and a 1991 Concord with five blades.  Both fans are 3-speed, and the Concord had a 3-way light kit.  The light kit on this one is 2-2-4-off.  The light kit uses R20 reflector bulbs.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 09:11:36 AM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226
Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 11:13:53 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I want one of those huge industrial ceiling fans.

Also would like a ceiling fan in my room.

~Owen

Mercury Vapor LampHigh Pressure Sodium Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps Cool High Pressure SodiumMercury Vapor Lamp

lightinglover8902

View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120 V60Hz

GoL UCP_yo1gHzReqS19MjJMXUKg
Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 01:27:57 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I'm also interested in fans and electric motors.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

CEB1993

View Gallery

Camden

Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 09:07:34 PM » Author: CEB1993
I want one of those huge industrial ceiling fans.

Also would like a ceiling fan in my room.

Here's an industrial ceiling fan in an open-air beer brewery in my town.  It really is a big fan  Grin  These fans are designed for large open areas like grocery stores and restaurants. 

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Lumex120

View Gallery

105555521242365640724 UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg zfarmadillo
Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 09:14:18 PM » Author: Lumex120
My house has a few fans I could post pictures of. When we first moved here the only fan was an old 52" hugger with stencil blades but it's motor stopped working a few years ago and so it got replaced. The other fans we added over the years, some came from Menard's, some Craigslist or trash/garage sales. I actually repainted a Craftmade brass 52" fan last year and re-did the light kit. there's pictures somewhere in my gallery, it looks nice and modern now. If anyone's interested I can post pics of the other fans and the stories behind each one.

Any machine is a smoke machine if you operate it wrong enough.

High Intensity

View Gallery

EYE 175w MV

GoL
Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 01:21:45 AM » Author: High Intensity
No ceiling fans here (my mother thinks they're 'tacky'), but i do have a 42" Sheng Yuan ceiling fan that in storage (gold motor with "wood" blades).

Old lighting is, and will always be, the best lighting.

Cole D.

View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #6 on: October 27, 2019, 01:21:13 PM » Author: Cole D.
In my bedroom, there's a white Fasco ceiling fan, which has 5 blades. I tried to put a picture, but it was too big.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Mandolin Girl

View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #7 on: October 27, 2019, 02:27:06 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Over in this side of the pond, ceiling fans are not that common.
Certainly in more modern properties there just isn't the headroom for them, as ceiling heights tend to be about the 7 foot mark.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber  -  US author, cartoonist, humourist, & satirist (1894 - 1961)

CEB1993

View Gallery

Camden

Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #8 on: October 27, 2019, 09:30:01 PM » Author: CEB1993
Hereís the Craftmade fan in my bedroom. This is original to the house, built in 2000. The fan is 3-speed with a 3-light kit. This fan still works nicely after nearly 20 years. It has developed a wobble at the high speed and Iíve had to go in and tighten some mounting screws and try to rebalance it. I have it on counter-clockwise for summer and for room cooling right now. Iíll switch it to clockwise for winter and cooler weather to see if it makes a difference with heating.

CreeRSW207

View Gallery

Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 01:23:15 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Hereís mine

Long live Mercury Vapor and Incandescent street lighting!

CEB1993

View Gallery

Camden

Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 09:55:38 PM » Author: CEB1993
Hereís mine

Nice!  The walnut and brushed brass is a handsome combination. From my experience CFLís do well in ceiling fan fixtures. Iím using some common Hungarian GE A15ís in my fan now.

Someone I know has a Casablanca Zephyr fan with a 4-light kit and a push button switch. Itís a 5 or 6 speed fan.  Iíd like to find one of those nice fans of my own someday  Smiley

Lightingguy1994

View Gallery

Re: Ceiling Fan Enthusiasts « Reply #11 on: November 04, 2019, 06:19:43 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Here's an industrial ceiling fan in an open-air beer brewery in my town.  It really is a big fan  Grin  These fans are designed for large open areas like grocery stores and restaurants. 

Cool is that a 6 blader ??

I too like fans, sadly I have two ceilings in my room so no room for a fan. Plus I have 3 wraps in a row. Already pushing my luck on a house I dont own lol

Wht interests me even more are aircraft propellers. I love the whole variable pitch thing they can do and how it affects the sound when running. I want to build a variable pitch fan one of these days
Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines