Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 194733 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1050 on: April 05, 2023, 09:23:53 PM » Author: suzukir122
The storms ended up not being too bad here and I think I know why... not enough instability. The early afternoon clouds and rain cooled things
down today. Had that not happened, the line of storms would've been much stronger.
Ice storms -- another absolute monster. I bet there are a ton of possible new videos near there of many transformer explosions, etc.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1051 on: April 06, 2023, 08:35:02 PM » Author: CEB1993
It's going to go from 85F and cloudy today to 45F and heavy rain on Saturday. I think we will get about 2.5 inches of rain between tonight and Sunday morning. It's not often the Southeast USA gets this kind of huge temperature shift in such a short time. Product of a powerful cold front and storm system. I guess I will have to pull out my Barbour raincoat one last time this season  ;)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1052 on: April 06, 2023, 10:56:33 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@CEB1993:

Lets see.. that's just 40 degrees..
That amount of temperature change is a normal thing here. .lol.
I've even seen a 60+ degree drop on less than a day. Goes from being a sunny warm winter day to a snowy bitter freezing night. 

When those type of systems come in, if you're outside you *will* know when the coldfront passes over! (I actually like being out when that happens (but then its time to come in soon afterwards))

------------
I looked back at the storm reports from that severe weather outbreak on Mar 31 ...
Now at 165 Tornado reports (note: thats "reports" one tornado can generate more than a single report, those numbers will go up or down as they finish up verifying what was/was-not a tornado)

@suzukir122
The Troy storm has been confirmed as EF-0

----
Map showing all severe for that day

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1053 on: April 10, 2023, 01:26:19 PM » Author: dor123
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Df--4gfdW0

There was a lightning storm here in Haifa.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1054 on: April 29, 2023, 09:59:49 AM » Author: dor123
Strong rainfall at the end of April:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNEhX1jvCs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG9JGpr89JQ

Unusual for Israel.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1055 on: May 14, 2023, 01:00:20 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
We had a few rounds of severe weather here in CO last week....plus lots of rain
On Tues evening/night there were multiple thunderstorms around, some of which got severe-warned (I got nothing, not even rain)
Starting Wed afternoon, severe-warned and tornado-warned storms with heavy rain & large hail really fired up (as predicted). There was even a tornado-warned storm headed for my area (I was within the warning). Wasn't home at the time, but just got heavy rain & maybe small hail. Luckily nothing severe or damaging. (attached radar image shows 3 tornado-warned storms, one of these is the one that included my area)
A couple small/weak tornadoes did occur in CO - out on the eastern plains in the evening. Rain also started that evening & didn't stop til fri morning. got over 4.5" in my area (which is allot here).
A couple more tornadoes occurred on the far eastern edge of CO thurs afternoon.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1056 on: June 02, 2023, 04:13:14 AM » Author: dor123

We have now a heat wave with fog and 35*C or 95*F and 30% humidity.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1057 on: June 02, 2023, 04:23:13 AM » Author: suzukir122
I'm not sure about humidity, but the temperature is suppose to be 92 degrees today. They're also talking about drought conditions as well, etc.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1058 on: June 09, 2023, 04:22:23 AM » Author: dor123
Now we have both a heat wave and rain, which is unusual for the Israeli climate and especially the Israeli summer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrVdSkWvyw4
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 05:07:42 AM by dor123 » Logged

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1059 on: June 21, 2023, 09:14:22 PM » Author: CEB1993
Some wicked looking storm clouds rolling in over my hometown in upstate SC yesterday. This almost looks like a funnel cloud.

The wind went eerily still and it was extremely dark in the middle of the afternoon. This was a really slow moving storm that dumped torrential rain for several hours. It was a difficult drive home. I’d guess about 1.5 inches of rain fell.

Even more heavy rain in SC all day today. Thankfully no severe weather this time. I’m just keeping an eye out for flood watches.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1060 on: June 23, 2023, 02:36:32 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
I was surrounded by storms last night, sure made for a nice "lightning show" (some severe & pretty bad .. like if anyone saw the 'Red Rocks Storm' on the news, that was one of them I could see)

Then today, my area got hit by a nasty hailstorm :( ... same storm dropped a tornado after it moved southeast of me,
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 12:18:27 AM by xmaslightguy » Logged

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1061 on: July 14, 2023, 10:22:08 AM » Author: dor123
We have a huge heat wave right now: https://www.haaretz.co.il/news/weather/2023-07-13/ty-article/00000189-4f6b-d2fd-abdd-cf6f9a7c0000

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1062 on: July 17, 2023, 12:17:05 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Got by another fairly nasty hailstorm on July 8.
Getting small hail, pea size up to around a half inch isn't that uncommon here ... but this large stuff of 1+ inches isn't normal.

---
Now were in a bit of a heatwave.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1063 on: April 01, 2024, 08:43:57 PM » Author: suzukir122
Big time storms possible tonight, and even bigger storms possible tomorrow, for much of Ohio. My area is just barely in the orange for tonight, but for tomorrow my area and much of the area points east (Columbus Ohio, etc) is in the RED, which is uncommon for Ohio. Very large hail, damaging winds, and large violent tornadoes are all likely tomorrow. Possible milewide F5 tornadoes could spawn as well.
I'll be on big time alert tomorrow because if a supercell storm with a tornado does head my way, my loft apartment AIN'T the place to be.
So yeah... both Dayton and Columbus are in the danger zone for tomorrow. Hopefully everyone stays safe.
Right now my area is under a Severe Storm Watch, but obviously at some point (probably tomorrow) it'll be upgraded to a Tornado Watch.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 08:49:22 PM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1064 on: April 02, 2024, 01:10:20 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
If I was there with a weather system & potential storms like that, I'd be so making sure I had multiple cameras & stuff all charged and ready to go.
Deff wouldn't be hiding in no basement or some little room. .lol. I'd be out getting me some video!
(doing it safely ofcourse)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies