Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 194882 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #405 on: February 14, 2020, 03:26:09 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Fluorescent lover 40, yeah man, I'd gladly, absolutely gladly, trade places with you. Easily.
I've been to Cali before, (back in 2014) and I absolutely loved it there. Warm weather, bike riding, beach, and... Women...
on the beach.
Oh, and did I mention women... on the beach? You won't get that in the 22 degree weather that Dayton Ohio is currently experiencing.
I'll take 70+ degrees all day, every day lol

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #406 on: February 14, 2020, 05:04:27 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
@Fluorescent lover 40, yeah man, I'd gladly, absolutely gladly, trade places with you. Easily.
I've been to Cali before, (back in 2014) and I absolutely loved it there. Warm weather, bike riding, beach, and... Women...
on the beach.
Oh, and did I mention women... on the beach? You won't get that in the 22 degree weather that Dayton Ohio is currently experiencing.
I'll take 70+ degrees all day, every day lol
They always get good beach days... makes all jealous! New England is only good for beach days in the summer.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #407 on: February 14, 2020, 09:58:39 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: fluorescent lover 40
I personally don't mind the cold at all.
All depends on what you define as "cold"...

Quote from: suzukir122
absolutely loved it there. Warm weather, bike riding, beach, and... Women... on the beach.
Oh, and did I mention women... on the beach?

I personally love a nice warm or even hot dry day (dry - as in low humidity - day being the key part!)
Not really much interest in the beach, sure its a place to walk along, but I wouldn't go in the water or lay in the sand or anything...I'd rather find a mountain trail where there's few people around. .lol.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #408 on: February 14, 2020, 10:15:30 PM » Author: suzukir122
@xmaslightguy, I would lay in the sand, but that's pretty much it. Although I'm athletic, I can't swim. At all.
Sight seeing, people watching and relaxing is about all I can do at the beach.

Yesterday (or maybe the day before yesterday) we got a good amount of sleet. It covered the roads a bit. Almost like
small hail, but definitely/obviously not hail. (Hail is associated with thunderstorms) Accumulating snow followed afterwards.
Slightly warmer temps are in the forecast for later on sometime next week. Hopefully the end of winter is nearing...?

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #409 on: February 14, 2020, 10:54:17 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
All depends on what you define as "cold"...

All the way down to the 30s (with slight warm up time)...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 11:21:05 PM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #410 on: February 16, 2020, 08:00:35 PM » Author: CEB1993
It was a cold and gray day here with low clouds and some drizzle. One of my friends and fellow lighting collector and I were outside for a sports car driving event today, and it was the first one since last September where we didn't have significant rain. I wish I had brought my beanie cap and gloves as it was colder than I expected. 42 degrees and humid is quite chilly. It's been rainy and humid most of the winter here with much more rain on the way throughout the rest of the month. We have been having weather more similar to London, UK or Seattle, WA with constant low clouds, cool temperatures, and persistent rain.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #411 on: February 16, 2020, 08:31:14 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
No significant snow this winter or last. >:( Sometimes it does come in March though.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #412 on: February 17, 2020, 12:45:10 PM » Author: suzukir122
Fluorescent05, no significant snow here either. haha... I guess everyone is different. I'm over here smiling about it.
To me, it's absolutely amazing that we haven't gotten any significant snow, apart from having to work with no
unexpected off days lol

Interests:

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #413 on: February 17, 2020, 01:34:03 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
Fluorescent05, no significant snow here either. haha... I guess everyone is different. I'm over here smiling about it.
To me, it's absolutely amazing that we haven't gotten any significant snow, apart from having to work with no
unexpected off days lol
I'm not saying we have to have snow days off from school, but I also love to see light dustings of snow. At this point, though, I'm getting very tired of "winter" (actually just frigid days with sun, clouds, or rain). I just want spring and warm weather already.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #414 on: February 17, 2020, 01:36:09 PM » Author: Rommie
I just wish we could afford to move to Southern California  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #415 on: February 17, 2020, 06:08:02 PM » Author: suzukir122
Yeah I'm ready for winter to be behind us. For real. Bring on Spring. Then maybe someone can create the topic "Spring Weather
is Coming," or, "Spring Storms are brewing." Haha... either way, I'd be smiling.

Interests:

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #416 on: February 18, 2020, 12:10:24 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Yeah I'm ready for winter to be behind us. For real. Bring on Spring. Then maybe someone can create the topic "Spring Weather
is Coming," or, "Spring Storms are brewing." Haha... either way, I'd be smiling.
I can change the name when it comes.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #417 on: February 18, 2020, 12:11:05 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Snowing here 4-7 inches expected, my school had an early release.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #418 on: February 18, 2020, 02:55:08 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
20 inches of rain in the last month. Flooding everywhere.
Stay safe.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #419 on: February 19, 2020, 12:22:42 AM » Author: Lumex120
Not natural weather, but earlier this morning there was a huge fire at a metal scrapping place and car junkyard decently far away from here. However, the fumes from it carried all over the Twin Cities area and so throughout the whole day it smelled like burning plastic and wires everywhere you went. It's been almost 24 hours since it happened and it still is noticeable but it has improved a bit.

Unofficial LG Discord

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies