Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 190095 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #45 on: April 06, 2019, 12:15:01 AM » Author: Cole D.
Tonight, when I was in town, there was a lot of lightning flashing in the distance, and the sky got dark and kind of a pinkish color, but it didn't rain other than a few sprinkles. After I got home though, it started getting windy and there was a drizzle rain for a while, but nothing heavy.

I should have turned the radio on AM to see if I could hear static, but the lightning was far away though.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #46 on: April 06, 2019, 12:32:10 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Yeah, wer supposed to have bad and maybe severe thunderstorms this weekend, due to two low pressure systems.

I should have turned the radio on AM to see if I could hear static, but the lightning was far away though.

Did it work?

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #47 on: April 06, 2019, 12:45:35 AM » Author: suzukir122
With radio static, it should work regardless of the distance. It did with me.
This Sunday, I *should* finally be purchasing my second bike, but there is a chance for thunderstorms... with 74 degree weather.
It's unclear whether the storms could be severe at this point, but during this time of year I'm willing to bet they should
reach severe criteria. After all, it is tornado season.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #48 on: April 06, 2019, 12:53:18 AM » Author: Cole D.
Yeah, wer supposed to have bad and maybe severe thunderstorms this weekend, due to two low pressure systems.

Did it work?

I didn't try it, but I had the radio on FM. But the sound cut out a few times, but I think it was the station causing it, rather than the lightning.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #49 on: April 06, 2019, 12:54:28 AM » Author: Cole D.
With radio static, it should work regardless of the distance. It did with me.
This Sunday, I *should* finally be purchasing my second bike, but there is a chance for thunderstorms... with 74 degree weather.
It's unclear whether the storms could be severe at this point, but during this time of year I'm willing to bet they should
reach severe criteria. After all, it is tornado season.

Well, be careful guys. There's not much chance of rain this weekend for here, but there is on Monday and Tuesday. But it's supposed to be in high 80s, this weekend, so it could cause storms anyway from the heat.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 12:57:51 AM by Cole D. » Logged

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #50 on: April 06, 2019, 07:36:04 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
I didn't try it, but I had the radio on FM. But the sound cut out a few times, but I think it was the station causing it, rather than the lightning.

Use AM (amplitude modulation) on 530kHz. It gives you the clear static of lightning, and it does better results. ;-)

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #51 on: April 06, 2019, 10:07:11 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
If yall wondering what my other weather station (used for wind accuracy) looks like, well here it is:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 10:08:59 AM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #52 on: April 07, 2019, 10:44:59 AM » Author: Cole D.
Interesting. So does that weather station have a separate anemometer and temperature sensor, or are there two sensors. My unit I had has the temperature sensor in the anemometer. Although I'm thinking of getting the Acurite color 3 in 1 station to replace it.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #53 on: April 07, 2019, 10:57:15 AM » Author: dor123
Now the weather here in Kiryat Ata, is clear and hot (20*C or 68*C). I already operates my A/C in cooling.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #54 on: April 07, 2019, 11:16:20 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Interesting. So does that weather station have a separate anemometer and temperature sensor, or are there two sensors. My unit I had has the temperature sensor in the anemometer. Although I'm thinking of getting the Acurite color 3 in 1 station to replace it.

Yeah, it does have separate sensors. The Lacrosse weather station is modular and it picks up the ID number of each sensor, and sends the information data to the receiver. It also came with a water leak sensor, which has a built-in temperature sensor. Plus, its a WIFI weather station.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #55 on: April 12, 2019, 09:16:46 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
  Storm Chaser Reed Timmer
Before you mentioned it, I'd never heard of the guy...
Also didn't know he was on a TV show at one point (but I've also never had cable/satellite TV)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #56 on: April 13, 2019, 05:17:48 AM » Author: boiler1011
I might have already shared this in another thread, I don't recall. I have an AcuRite Atlas weather station at my house which replaced an older Pro 5in1. I need to fashion a mast for the sensor unit as the wind direction and speed is a little wonky from being on top of that fence.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #57 on: April 13, 2019, 08:53:04 AM » Author: Cole D.
I might have already shared this in another thread, I don't recall. I have an AcuRite Atlas weather station at my house which replaced an older Pro 5in1. I need to fashion a mast for the sensor unit as the wind direction and speed is a little wonky from being on top of that fence.

Very nice unit there, thanks for sharing.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #58 on: April 13, 2019, 10:43:33 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: boiler1011
I have an AcuRite Atlas weather station at my house which replaced an older Pro 5in1.
Love the display on that! Looks like quite a nice unit.

I've always thought that if I ever got a weather station, I'd put the wind sensor up on the roof  (not sure if in reality that would be a proper place for it though .lol. )

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #59 on: April 13, 2019, 11:08:54 AM » Author: Cole D.
Love the display on that! Looks like quite a nice unit.

I've always thought that if I ever got a weather station, I'd put the wind sensor up on the roof  (not sure if in reality that would be a proper place for it though .lol. )

Usually wind sensors for true ASOS stations are about 30-33 feet above the ground. But obviously it would be hard to mount that high. But on the roof would be a good height, although it would be harder to change the batteries, in the unit. For temperature sensors though, it's usually about 5 feet above the ground:

AcuRite sensor
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 11:10:26 AM by Cole D. » Logged

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies