Author Topic: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it!  (Read 5092 times)
suzukir122

View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #150 on: June 29, 2019, 03:41:13 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Cole D, although I could never, ever mute the sound of a tornado, I highly agree with you... the screaming can be very
annoying. But one thing that pisses me off to a whole new level, is when the idiots start joking, laughing, and pointing
the camera away from the tornado like high school kids.

Interests
1. Motorcycles, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weighting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Yep
Lighting has been a passion of mine since I was born. I consider everyone on LG to be a friend

xmaslightguy

View Gallery

^homebuilt fixture

GoL ATL
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #151 on: June 30, 2019, 08:09:40 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: suzukir122 link=topic=7216.msg61082#msg61082
those storms that night did contain hail. Not Supercell storm kind of hail, but smaller, quarter sized ail.
Quarter sized would be still big enough to cause vehicle damage though.

Quote from: Cole D. link=topic=7216.msg61083#msg61083
I do not like tornadoes in person, but sometimes I watch videos of it on YouTube. But I either mute the sound or listen to the ones that don't have people screaming and yelling, because I find it annoying.
I almost always watch tornado/hurricane/etc videos with the sound off because:
* I don't want to listen to listen to people blabbing like that....just be quiet and enjoy nature's creation!
* The sound of wind blowing across a microphone is really just an awful sound..anyone recording such storms should be using a microphone wind muff...but they don't.

Colored Fluorescent's such as F40T12 Red or  Green or Blue are awesome...

suzukir122

View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #152 on: June 30, 2019, 08:25:19 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Xmaslightguy, oh snap... I forgot about that. That's true... the wind noise hitting the mic. That wind noise hitting the mic
is also very annoying. I can't hear the roar of the tornado or the thunder... anything, because of that stupid wind noise.
When the wind finds it's way away from the mic though, the tornado sounds can be amazing. Even better with the added tornado sirens.
Case in point, this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uLdIXv8HAI
Almost ruined by the lady talking though, followed by another later on in the video.

Interests
Yep
Lighting has been a passion of mine since I was born. I consider everyone on LG to be a friend

lightinglover8902

View Gallery

Yes. Power distributor:CenterPoint Energy.120V60Hz

GoL UCP_yo1gHzReqS19MjJMXUKg
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #153 on: June 30, 2019, 11:49:15 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Its suppose to rain thru Thursday. But next weekend where I live is gonna be hot in the middle 90's.

Lumex120

View Gallery

105555521242365640724 UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg zfarmadillo
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #154 on: June 30, 2019, 07:51:21 PM » Author: Lumex120
Not sure if you guys already know about him or not but there's this storm chaser I really like who goes by the name "Pecos Hank" on YT.
He's probably the best storm chaser around these days, his videos are beautifully edited and he gets some incredible footage.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAQpSHsgUcNt6uCOjpgD8kw

Any machine is a smoke machine if you operate it wrong enough.

Cole D.

View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #155 on: June 30, 2019, 08:23:20 PM » Author: Cole D.
Not sure if you guys already know about him or not but there's this storm chaser I really like who goes by the name "Pecos Hank" on YT.
He's probably the best storm chaser around these days, his videos are beautifully edited and he gets some incredible footage.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAQpSHsgUcNt6uCOjpgD8kw

Oh yes, I've watched a few of his videos, like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jkfnIBJRBQ

He does make some fabulous videos.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

suzukir122

View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #156 on: June 30, 2019, 09:40:40 PM » Author: suzukir122
Yeah I've posted a YouTube link on this thread, or another one, to the video he created about Supercell Thunderstorms.
I definitely know about Pecos. lol

Interests
Yep

xmaslightguy

View Gallery

^homebuilt fixture

GoL ATL
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #157 on: July 01, 2019, 07:09:55 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@Cole D:
Yep I've seen some of his vid's (but like others I generally watch with the sound off.)

tolivac

View Gallery

Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #158 on: July 01, 2019, 10:57:36 PM » Author: tolivac
What I hate on weather videos-and other videos is the STUPID monotonous background music.when that comes on-turn the sound off.
lightinglover8902

View Gallery

Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #159 on: July 03, 2019, 02:41:32 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Well its gonna be hot for the next few days, due to the high pressure system coming.

lightinglover8902

View Gallery

Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #160 on: July 12, 2019, 05:10:36 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Tropical Storm Barry is going to possibly make landfall in Louisiana. However, its moving very slowly, and if it stays in the warm gulf waters, it may likely form into a hurricane.

xmaslightguy

View Gallery

^homebuilt fixture

GoL ATL
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #161 on: July 12, 2019, 09:30:43 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: tolivac
What I hate on weather videos-and other videos is the STUPID monotonous background music.
Weather vid's should have no music of any type...its a storm vid, not a music vid! .LOL.

Quote from: lightinglover8902
Well its gonna be hot for the next few days, due to the high pressure system coming.
High pressure has already set in where I'm at, its been hot the past couple days, and is expected to stay around for a bit.

Quote from: lightinglover8902
Tropical Storm Barry is going to possibly make landfall in Louisiana.
Yep, forecast says it will strengthen into a hurricane.
And is expected to make landfall in LA somewhere between Intracoastal City & Grand Isle, on Saturday.

mefurd98

View Gallery

Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #162 on: July 13, 2019, 02:06:32 AM » Author: mefurd98
Barry is going to dump a ton of rain in Louisiana which has been getting plenty of rain over the past few months and the soil is so saturated which will increase the chances of flash flooding considerably. And it's not moving that fast either, only 3 mph WNW.
CEB1993

View Gallery

Camden

Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #163 on: July 14, 2019, 05:32:07 PM » Author: CEB1993
This weekend, Nick (Nicksfans) and I met up to hit some local ReStores and thrift stores in the Landrum and Tryon area on the SC/NC border.  It was partly cloudy, but really humid while we were out and about at the stores.  The moment we got in the car to go down and see the lake, the bottom fell out.  It probably rained an inch in about 30 minutes!  There were three or four huge cracks of thunder, and we enjoyed watching it all from the back porch.  I love hearing the echoing "surround sound" effect from big claps of thunder over the mountain range.  After this huge downpour, the temperature dropped 12 degrees and it felt awesome outside  Cool

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

dor123

View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #164 on: July 17, 2019, 09:10:44 AM » Author: dor123
We have once again severe heat wave, with several locations broke all-times temperatures like 50*C (122*F) in Sodom, as well as all-times electricity demand: 13,410MW:
Article (Untranslated)

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the European date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 230-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines