Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 190086 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #150 on: July 01, 2019, 09:09:55 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@Cole D:
Yep I've seen some of his vid's (but like others I generally watch with the sound off.)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #151 on: July 02, 2019, 12:57:36 AM » Author: tolivac
What I hate on weather videos-and other videos is the STUPID monotonous background music.when that comes on-turn the sound off.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #152 on: July 03, 2019, 04:41:32 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Well its gonna be hot for the next few days, due to the high pressure system coming.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #153 on: July 12, 2019, 07:10:36 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Tropical Storm Barry is going to possibly make landfall in Louisiana. However, its moving very slowly, and if it stays in the warm gulf waters, it may likely form into a hurricane.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #154 on: July 12, 2019, 11:30:43 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: tolivac
What I hate on weather videos-and other videos is the STUPID monotonous background music.
Weather vid's should have no music of any type...its a storm vid, not a music vid! .LOL.

Quote from: lightinglover8902
Well its gonna be hot for the next few days, due to the high pressure system coming.
High pressure has already set in where I'm at, its been hot the past couple days, and is expected to stay around for a bit.

Quote from: lightinglover8902
Tropical Storm Barry is going to possibly make landfall in Louisiana.
Yep, forecast says it will strengthen into a hurricane.
And is expected to make landfall in LA somewhere between Intracoastal City & Grand Isle, on Saturday.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #155 on: July 13, 2019, 04:06:32 AM » Author: mefurd98
Barry is going to dump a ton of rain in Louisiana which has been getting plenty of rain over the past few months and the soil is so saturated which will increase the chances of flash flooding considerably. And it's not moving that fast either, only 3 mph WNW.
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #156 on: July 14, 2019, 07:32:07 PM » Author: CEB1993
This weekend, Nick (Nicksfans) and I met up to hit some local ReStores and thrift stores in the Landrum and Tryon area on the SC/NC border.  It was partly cloudy, but really humid while we were out and about at the stores.  The moment we got in the car to go down and see the lake, the bottom fell out.  It probably rained an inch in about 30 minutes!  There were three or four huge cracks of thunder, and we enjoyed watching it all from the back porch.  I love hearing the echoing "surround sound" effect from big claps of thunder over the mountain range.  After this huge downpour, the temperature dropped 12 degrees and it felt awesome outside  8)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #157 on: July 17, 2019, 11:10:44 AM » Author: dor123
We have once again severe heat wave, with several locations broke all-times temperatures like 50*C (122*F) in Sodom, as well as all-times electricity demand: 13,410MW:
Article (Untranslated)

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #158 on: July 17, 2019, 06:11:22 PM » Author: suzukir122
Yooooooo... @Dor123... 122 degrees?? Was that the actual "feels like" temperature, or was that heat index?
That's crazy! Absolutely crazy, if that's actual air temperature

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #159 on: July 17, 2019, 10:20:27 PM » Author: dor123
This was the actual index at Sodom, and there were only 15deg humidity, and lot of fires.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #160 on: July 17, 2019, 10:32:36 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Dor123, that's... I can honestly say, although I'm only 28 years old, I'm not sure if I would be able to
physically survive that kind of temperature. That's only 12 degrees away from the hottest temperature ever
recorded here in the U.S: 134 degrees.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #161 on: July 18, 2019, 05:13:29 AM » Author: dor123
The Sodon temperatures yesterday, was the highest in Israel since Jun 1942, than there was 54*C (129.2*F) at Tirat Zvi: Article .

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #162 on: July 18, 2019, 12:56:49 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
@Dor123, that's... I can honestly say, although I'm only 28 years old, I'm not sure if I would be able to
physically survive that kind of temperature. That's only 12 degrees away from the hottest temperature ever
recorded here in the U.S: 134 degrees.

My paint booth at work has no temp control, the heat is either on or off. when is really humid you still need the heat on to lower the humidity in the booth (humidity causes paint to do BAD THINGS!) . I've been in there ,in my Tyvek suit, spraying at between 115-130 degrees on multiple occasions. I come out of there looking like a drowned rat cause I'm soaked with sweat! When I come out into the 90 degree shop it feels like air conditioning !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #163 on: July 18, 2019, 04:39:37 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Dor123, see what I mean?? Even Wide-lite 1000's paint booth wasn't as hot as the weather over there where you live.
122 degrees is so far the hottest temperature I've ever heard of, especially here recently.

@Wide-lite 1000, I couldn't imagine how hot that paint booth would be if it were 122 degrees outside here in Ohio.
We're getting relief here in Dayton Ohio now with the weak thunderstorms that just developed. I was on my way towards
going to the bike garage to try out the smoked visor I finally installed onto my helmet. Went to the gas station to
fill up my car to prepare to head to the garage in Middletown... by the time I was at the gas station, I already canceled
plans to go to the garage. A storm base cloud was in front of me waiting for me to take the highway. haha... nope.
Not going anywhere today.

Interests:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #164 on: July 18, 2019, 08:44:03 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
@ suzukir122 : I can't wait for it to cool down even a little, the temp in the shop was 94 degrees today !

@ dor123 : My brother used to live in the desert in southwestern Arizona, I visited him there once and even with the low humidity is was OPPRESSIVE ! Even the wind was HOT ! I couldn't imagine 122 degrees with the sun beating down on me. NO THANK YOU !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies