Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 192700 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #285 on: January 07, 2020, 12:11:16 PM » Author: Rommie
We're not, snow is something we can do without, thank you.!  :D
Yes, it always manages to find its way down the back of my neck  :-X ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #286 on: January 07, 2020, 07:10:41 PM » Author: suzukir122
I honestly don't understand what's up, but... winter hasn't really been packing a punch here in Ohio.
THANKFULLY. On my birthday back on December 27th, I actually got to take my motorcycle out for a little,
for the last time in 2019. I was thinking around that time, and by now, the dreaded "arctic air" would set in
and make lives miserable for the north east. Warmer weather is apparently on the way for Saturday and Sunday I think... but
the threat of rain destroys both days instantly.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #287 on: January 08, 2020, 04:20:58 AM » Author: dor123
We have a huge rain and wind storm when we went back and fourth to Lin hospital. Part of the streetlighting in Haifa turned on during midday because it was dark, and part of the road being flooded. At Lin, all the traffic lights didn't worked at all and no signal was active. Only after we left Lin hospital, the traffic lights went on with the pedestrian signal displaying red and the traffic signals flashing yellow few times before turning red and than the program began to cycle, than after several mins they all started to blink yellow.
Bus 2 of the Metronit, had to skip most of the stations until Hotzot Hamifratz, because of the floods.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #288 on: January 08, 2020, 06:04:04 AM » Author: dor123
https://translate.google.co.il/translate?hl=iw&sl=iw&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fnews.walla.co.il%2Fitem%2F3333757 (https://news.walla.co.il/item/3333757)

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #289 on: January 10, 2020, 05:17:32 AM » Author: dor123
1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uH1hhj-PwQ
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2ENuZosqSQ

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #290 on: January 10, 2020, 07:04:05 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Is it now known as "Tilted"?
I may be now.lol.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #291 on: January 10, 2020, 09:01:07 AM » Author: suzukir122
I've noticed everyone is getting rain. Geez. I am too. Close to 55 today I think, and 60 on Saturday. But rain
rain and rain.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #292 on: January 10, 2020, 09:20:27 AM » Author: suzukir122
The ground is soaked here as well. My coworker/friend wanted to go motorcycle riding today.
That's not happening.
But hey the good news -- no winter weather to speak of, and warm air is here. I can't believe I'm typing that,
and it's almost mid January.

Interests:

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #293 on: January 10, 2020, 09:33:53 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
64 degrees for the high today. The high should be in the 50s in February.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #294 on: January 10, 2020, 12:30:18 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Well the weather here is normal for the time of year, cold (41F) and wet.  :(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #295 on: January 10, 2020, 03:20:29 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Severe Thunderstorms tonight at Southeast Texas, a line of possibly tornadic storms are rolling tonight thru the early Saturday morning, with a approaching cold front. So, I'm ready and just built a more advanced lightning detector from three circuits, with a intensity meter, and a digital 9999 counter, which counts the lightning strikes.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #296 on: January 10, 2020, 05:49:16 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Here in the UK we're very lucky that we don't get really severe weather. The Gulf Stream really helps to mitigate the effects, as without having it we would have winters well below freezing point.  :o
I remember the winter of 2010/11 when the temperature stayed below freezing for about 6 days in a row, and the country ground to a halt.!!  :o

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #297 on: January 10, 2020, 06:43:45 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: lightinglover8902
Severe Thunderstorms tonight at Southeast Texas, a line of possibly tornadic storms are rolling tonight thru the early Saturday morning, with a approaching cold front. So, I'm ready and just built a more advanced lightning detector from three circuits, with a intensity meter, and a digital 9999 counter, which counts the lightning strikes.
Yep. There's a weather-related forum I visit fairly regularly .. people there have been watching that system since the weekend. Sounds like parts of TX/LA/OK could be in pretty rough weather tonight, then it continued farther east tomorrow...

---
That lightning meter sounds interesting. Was it a kit? or something you found plans for on the net?

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #298 on: January 10, 2020, 06:48:44 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: suzukir122
I've noticed everyone is getting rain. Geez. I am too.
No rain where I'm at...but  we have a couple small chances for a little bit of snow next week.

Quote from: GE101R
  The ground is soaked and the waterways at almost peak.
The ground in my backyard is frozen solid  (but that's normal for this time of year .lol. )
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 06:57:26 PM by xmaslightguy » Logged

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #299 on: January 10, 2020, 08:06:09 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
That lightning meter sounds interesting. Was it a kit? or something you found plans for on the net?

I actually built it on three pieces of breadboard (which they snap together) and used components that I got from electronic component grab bags from ebay, and amazon.com. It took me at least 1 day to finish. I'll have a pic of the detector later.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies